2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A maybe brilliant idea???

I know there are people wishing they could be at the retreat. While I was cutting out my gifts today an idea came to me.

What do you think of making one or two extra giveaways and we could have people who are not at the retreat enter a drawing and have either one or two winners (more if you want to) and they could each get a box of the goodies?

I think it would be fun for someone not as lucky as us!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

I think that's a cool idea!
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

This sounds good to me, too.

Comment

In the past years there have been forum members that have sent favors to the group even though they weren't attending. I'd rather they get a care package first.
        K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

That's a nice idea, I like that!

Comment

Have to agree with Karen....give to those that have given with their hearts even though they could not attend.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

I do know that at least one person who is unable to attend will be sending us items this year.

Comment

Who was the Australian quilter who sent us those beautiful magnets in 2014? It seems that's the only one I remember ... but then my head was whirling last year when everyone was passing around their goodies. Was that Lenore (Nidan)?

Comment

Really great idea.

And remember that year Jean got a package of poop from a forum member (was it from Bubba)? It was really yummy fudge, but so funny to tease her about it.

Comment

The Australian magnets were sent by Lenore (Nidan) and the package of poop came from Lisa - can't remember her last name . . . she used to be one of the moderators . . .

Our little blonde friend from NC usually sends something for everyone. I'm sure there are others.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Barb (Bubby) always sends something too.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Being a first time retreater, I was not aware that some forum members sent items when they were not able to attend. This does sound like a good idea. So, if there are 40 attendees, how many extra favors should we make - 5, 10??? Just in the planning stages of my favors.

Comment

I think 5 extra would be plenty, unless you want to hand them out to Jenny and some of the others at the stores. The girls working there always love little things as well.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I don't sew anything but quilts so in the past I've purchased items and (unless a miracle occurs) will probably be doing so again this year.

Please don't feel you have to answer if you think this is too personal of a question. But now I'm wondering for those of you who are more talented than myself ... How much do you estimate you spend making your own goodies? Even if you raided your stash in the past ... how much do you think it would have cost if you purchased the materials?

Comment

I was just talking about cost last night. I think the favors I am making this year are running between $3.50 and $4.00 each. Last year, the little strawberry bags were probably $4.00. Not sure how much the golf tee pincushions cost, maybe $2.00 each.

Of course that doesn't allow any cost for my time.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X