2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we CRAZY?

Picture this...Sunday Family dinner, DH, son, daughter & hubby and I.
    Pleasant conversation. Since we had not all gotten together since New Year's Day we were all excited. Dinner is over and we retired to living room with our delicious pie-daughter made from scratch banana cream.
    Daughter and I start to talk about the retreat, what we wanted to make for favors, "kits" we wanted to put together to work on, what we must not forget to pack etc. We began a list of things to remember, things to purchase ahead of time, things we wanted to purchase while there. We must have been pretty animated. I looked at DS and he was just shaking his head, then asked When is this trip? More than half a year away and you are acting like you will be leaving next week! "QUILTERS" he says while shaking his head some more.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

The answer to your question is yes we are. We cut fabric into small pieces and sew them back together into big panels. LOL

Comment

Perhaps but wouldn't want to change
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

No, we are not crazy we just like to be prepared.
        Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Well, my favors are more than halfway finished. Waiting on the last part I need and that is on back order until the first week in April. At least I have plenty of time to find the part someplace else if that order falls through. It is called being prepared, like Bernice said.
          K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Wow! You all are so secretive about what you are making for favors. Well, let me be the first to "spill the beans" so to speak --- ah, I don't think so. These lips (and typing fingers) are sealed!!! Anyway, can't start them for a couple of days because my machine is in to get her first yearly cleaning. Yea!!! She was so fuzzy.

Comment

Fuzzy machines aside, I am wavering between two favors . . . time will tell.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ok. I am officially beginning to panic about this. Still wondering what to do for favors, what type of project to bring to work on, etc. Hopefully I'll figure it out. I'm sure I will be last minute Annie.

Comment

Karen C. relax, things will start to fall into place. Many of us still have not picked out what favor we are going to do and have no idea which projects we will be taking. It was not until the middle of September last year that I finally decided what projects I was going to take. And there are so many MSQC stores to see and tons of projects there that could catch your eye.

As far as types of projects to work on, I think it depends upon your personality of sewing/quilting in crowds. Some people bring complex projects to work on because even with everything going on around them, they are able to focus on doing the project without error. While others including myself can not handle trying to do a complex quilt pattern with all of the activity around. Neither type is wrong, it just helps to figure out which one you are to help you pack better. I usually throw in a few pillowcases to make, and a jellyroll just to have if I need something easy to do. Last year I had cut but didn't get it out the jellyroll/layercake quilt.

The retreat is also the perfect time to bring a project that you are having a hard time with and could you some expert advice with. We have so many retreat that attend who are excellent quilters, bag makers, and seamstresses.
                  Last year, Jean helped me with my first NCW. And I have seen people help others with laying out quilts (FYI space it a premium but we still manage) and many other quilting issues.

Comment

The only reason I am ahead on my favors is because I saw something I really liked and I waited around last year, even though I knew what I was making and I hated feeling rushed.
                    K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I'm sorry but y'all are all crazy. I'm not, so I can see the craziness. You are just blind to it.

Comment

I know I'm crazy - Steve never comes out and says it - but once in a while I get "that" look and the head shake, too.

Comment

Like our Aussie friend says, "I'm not crazy. Momma had me tested."
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I am certifiable, and I freely admit it.....Although it only comes out really bad if I am taking prednisone, lol. Just ask those that know me, lol.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Simply Quilting and Karen McEuen, thanks for calming me. I will figure this out. I think it's just anxiety, but you are all so helpful to us newbies I know it will be fine once I get there. And I guess if I forget something, M* takes credit cards, so I'll manage
                              '

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X