2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time Retreaters - are you one?

I was wondering for how many that this is the first time you have ever attended a retreat? Not just a MSQC retreat but a retreat at all. I remember the first retreat that I attended, I think that I packed every piece of fabric, thread and tool that I had. I fully loaded the van as we took out the back seat and piled stuff high.

I have gotten a little better but I still take way more stuff with me than I could possible use even if I spent a month at a quilt retreat.

Oh, lest the "newbie" retreaters think that lets them off the hook on a n y t h i n g, it doesn't! Just ask Connie Jo, I gave her as much grief as anyone I'd known forever ... still do for that matter.

As far as over packing, I think we all tend to do that and it is proven every time as we have to lug all that stuff back to our vehicle the day we leave. I brought less last year because I discovered that I don't have to bring all my thread. I bring the one neutral cone of thread that I use most of the time and if I need any other color, I just use Marilyn's thread because she brings every color known to man ...
    K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

This is my first time to attend a retreat like this. The only other retreat I attended was one of Linda V Taylor's long arm retreats. It was awesome. She provided everything, so I didn't need to worry about packing anything, but I didn't have room in my suitcase for everything that needed to come home with me on the plane either. I'm thinking about driving for this one since it's only 12.5 hours. I'm learning so much from the emails in this group.

Comment

That's funny Karen. I'm still a newbie.

Comment

Connie Jo you were such a good sport last year.. So glad you are coming back.
          Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

First retreat of any kind for me. I was signed up to go last year but had to cancel when my dad had some health problems. Looking forward to a fun time.
            :icon_rolleyes:There are 3 kinds of men
            The one who learns by reading
            The few who learn by observation
            The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence themselves
            Will Rogers
            :icon_shake:

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. Harry S Truman
            :icon_shake:

Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.
            :icon_giggle:

Comment

I am a first retreater of any kind too. I am so excited to be coming this year!!!

Comment

Oops, sorry, pushed the button too soon. Anyway, I am debating whether I should fly or drive. According to google, it is over 900 miles to drive to Hamilton. But my list of what to bring keeps getting bigger and bigger and I may need several suitcases. What to do, what to do. . . .

Comment

Carol aka Snippet drives up from San Antonio and I drive from Albuquerque.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

For anyone who is needing/wanting to fly but doesn't have room for everything, if you want you can ship a box to me in early September and I can drive it down to the retreat. Just PM for my address.

Also to go home, MSQC will do free shipping (at least free shipping to locations in the USA - don't know about other countries) when you spend $100 at the stores while at the retreat. And it seems to be very easy to reach that $100. There will be a more detailed explanation of how it works when we get to the retreat.

Comment

Just a suggestion bring extra bobbin cases. There was a bobbin case thief on the loose last year. LOL. And StitchingWoman you know who you are!

Comment

LOL Some of the newbies are going to wonder what they have gotten themselves into. I promise that no one bites as far as I know. Although you might find a few pranksters among the group

Comment

This is my second year for the retreat. I had so much fun last year, I just had to come back again. This time I'm staying at the center so I can be totally immersed in all the mischief!

I rented a machine last year, but this year I'll bring my own. I felt like I packed reasonably well last year. As far as projects are concerned, I wasn't prepared last year because I had no idea what to expect. This year I will come with specific projects to work on, will have my fabric cut and ready to go. I'm saving up so a good portion of my time can be spent shopping too!
                          Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am going to try and be organized this time. Maybe I won't bring so much. Lol

Comment

Connie Jo

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X