2015 Definitely Want To Make This Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liz's List

My first bargello (probably a wallhanging)
    Applique (something from Kim Schaefer)
    More Peggy Martin strip paper piecing (maybe a table runner using one/some of her star/compass patterns)
    My first lone star (probably a wall hanging)
    FMQ an entire quilt
    Christmas trip around the world

And if the stars are aligned, with a good tail wind:
    Dresden
    Dresden coin
    Modern sampler
    T-shirt quilt

Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

I like this list!
    Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Comment

Liz.......how do you like the strip paper piecing with Peggy Martin. I have one of her books and that is on my never ending to do list. Haven't tried it yet.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I attended a class w Peggy Martin at the Houston quilt show in the fall and enjoyed it so much I bought one of her books. Not sure I would have tackled this just from the book. I'd only done paper piecing once before (Deb Karasik class) and I'm one of those nervous quilters, always think things are more difficult than they are - but now that I've done it I know I can do it. Once I'd figured out the placement on the strip, the piecing went together really really quickly, so I felt like there was a certain amount of 'instant gratification'.
        Slainte!

Liz

Comment

Two done!!! Pieced the Christmas Trip around the World, and FMQ'd a scrappy quilt. It ain't pretty FMQing but I've proved to myself that I can do it and now there's no excuse not to. That's the theory, at least...
          Slainte!

Liz

Comment

Hey, what have you been working at since August? Were the stars properly aligned?

Comment

Nothing else on my list....but I did piece a couple more tops and a couple of runners (just need to finish the binding on the runners.) Life just keeps getting in the way of fun :-(
              Slainte!

Liz

Comment

2015 Definitely Want To Make This Group

About this Group

Do you have too many quilt ideas floating around in your head? This will be fun group where we can motivate & cheer each on as we work on new projects that we have been planning & dreaming about. Post a list of new projects that you really want to make this year. If you want to post a projected completion time you can. At the end of each month we can check in to give updates of our progress. Pictures are encouraged. The group is open for anyone. Happy Quilting in 2015.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 34
              Comments: 123

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X