No announcement yet.

2015 Definitely Want To Make This Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on #8 and 11# of November's list. (I've uploaded pics).

The first one will be a completed quilt top by tomorrow: I finally decided to set pink and white triangles so the blocks would be aligned on point, for a finished quilt size of 48" x 60". I need a name for this quilt that I'm making with the pieced blocks I didn't use for the border of the Grand Illusion quilt, last year's Bonnie Hunter's Mystery.

About the DHG2 blocks, I finally bordered them with white (I had been considering a contrasting solid border to frame them). The top is now 56" x 72"

Comment

Final update:
      These are WISP (works in slow progress):
      1.- Hand pieced sampler: being quilted
      2.- Hand sewn hexis: adding sashing to the units
      3.- Scrappy Blue Spiderweb: Top done and basted!

These are 2014 projects waiting to be finished:
      4.- Kaleidoscope Katies's quilt: FINISHED
      5.- Beige chevron: top finished, needs quilting
      6.- Purple Yellow Jacob's Sunset: FINISHED
      7.- Purple Yellow Churn Dashes: FINISHED

8.- Plaid lozanges quilt: FINISHED
      9.- Broken Dishes Bonus: FINISHED

New projects:
      10.- Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter. Done and bordered with a narrow white strip + floral from my stash. Probably using pink fleece for backing, without batting. Ended up 86" x 86"

Fabrics I want to use:
      11.- Shirts. Plus sign quilt? Playing with Jacks? Patches and Pinwheels? Box Kites? Nine patch split?
      12.- Corduroy. Random rectangles with thin (1"?) black sashing
      13.- Fox Trails FQs
      14.- Hope Cove Twice the charm FINISHED
      15.- Serenade Jelly Rolls (2 of them) Friendship braid? Log cabin? Pineapple Blossom?
      16.- Crazy for Shelburne 2 1/2" strips. Carolina Chains. Top finished and bordered (82" x 82"). Backing: tan solid. Batting decision to come.
      17.- Gypsy Caravan design roll (pattern intended: Arkansas crossroads AKA Goog night, Irene). Finally got all the fabric I needed to start.
      18.- Happy Blue Design roll FINISHED
      19.- Sakura Park Jelly roll 2 different baby quilts FINISHED
      20.- Novella Design Rolls (2 of them) Three Dudes? Tiny Dancer?
      21.- Tropicana Pixie strips Peas in a pod) FINISHED
      22.- Morning Tides FQs Big Blue Star quilt FINISHED

Comment

Wow Monica you did great with all your 2015 finishes. Way to go! Would you'll like to start another list for the new year?
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Actually, I'm not sure this group has had much activity. I listed some intended project for 2016 in the Git'er done group, as there are a couple I can consider as UFO's (I bought the fabric so long ago) along with started projects I want to finish this year.

I finished in 2015 more projects out of the list than those I had listed, as only as time goes by you know what you are up to.

But if there are really a few members interested in a specific group about start-to-finish intended projects, I might join.

Comment

2015 Definitely Want To Make This Group

About this Group

Do you have too many quilt ideas floating around in your head? This will be fun group where we can motivate & cheer each on as we work on new projects that we have been planning & dreaming about. Post a list of new projects that you really want to make this year. If you want to post a projected completion time you can. At the end of each month we can check in to give updates of our progress. Pictures are encouraged. The group is open for anyone. Happy Quilting in 2015.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 34
          Comments: 123

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X