2015 Definitely Want To Make This Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lourixe's (Monica's) list:

More than a pattern's list, mine is a catalog of fabrics that most have been staying in my stash for more than a year, and therefore must be given proper use. I'm trying hard not to purchase any more precuts before I make room for them by using these up:

1.- Shirts. 3Dudes FINISHED
    2.- Corduroy. Random rectangles with thin (1"?) black sashing
    3.- Fox Trails FQs
    4.- Hope Cove Twice the charm Top DONE QAYG
    5.- Serenade Jelly Rolls (2 of them) Friendship braid? Log cabin? Pineapple Blossom?
    6.- Crazy for Shelburne 2 1/2" strips. Carolina Chains. Top DONE
    7.- Gypsy Caravan design roll (pattern intended: Arkansas crossroads AKA Goog night, Irene). It's going to be a quilt for me, I have border and sashing fabrics as it already was on last year's list.
    8.- Happy Blue Design roll Quilt sandwiched
    9.- Sakura Park Jelly roll Two baby quilts (see below) FINISHED
    10.- Novella Design Rolls (2 of them). Three Dudes? Tiny Dancer?
    11.- Tropicana Pixie strips (pattern intended: peas in a pod) FINISHED
    12.- Morning Tides FQs Big Blue Star FINISHED

Yeah! All my blocks done for my #6 target: the Shelburne Carolina Chain.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

It seems I'm working hard to be able to join the UFO group next year! So far I have started 3 new projects, and finished none!
        #6 hasn't moved since my last post here: I got all the units, but haven't started assembling them. Nor do I have batting and backing for it yet.
        #12 has become a huge Monster Blue Big Star quilt top. It is basted but waiting to be quilted, as the required thread hasn't arrived yet.
        #9 is going to become two baby quilts, with patterns inspired by Piece N Quilt tutorials:
        Piece N Quilt: Funky Wonderland Quilt Tutoiral The top is assembled, I now must add the appliqué.
        Piece N Quilt: Magic Baby Quilt Tutorial

Comment

I like those tutorials!! Can you believe I have never sewn with a jelly roll?? !

Comment

Ok, I finished one of the two baby quilts with Sakura Park Jelly roll. I finally made up my own pattern, although inspired by the link I posted earlier, it is a combination of strips and squares. Instead of a broad border and ricrack on one side, I finally used Jenny's "self binding" method with the backing being a piece of pinck fleece that matches the top's colors.
            I used this project to experiment some FMQ patterns. I really want to extend my skills beyond meandering.

Comment

#6 quilt top is finished and backing chosen, I need to make a decision on the batting. I would very much like to have it finished by the end of the month.

I've just finished quilting and binding #12 (edited the list to mark it as done).

Comment

#6 isn't quilted yet (I've been FMQing two 2014 projects instead) but I have finished all the blocks for #11 and have found a pattern for #4.

Comment

I believe I've been squirreling a lot during spring. I'm making a new inventory of the WIP's that have been waiting in different stages for the busy crazy summer to come to its natural end.

Sandwiched quilts:
                  1.- Blue 4P baby quilt (40" X 40")
                  2.- Blue Spiderweb quilt (80" x 80")
                  3.- Purple Katie's quilt (60" x 80")
                  4.- Hope Cove (48" x 48")

Finished quilt tops:
                  5.- Repro Carolina Chains (I think it is 72" x 72")
                  6.- Grand Illusion (80" x 80")

Sets of blocks waiting to be assembled:
                  7.- Monochromatic logcabin blocks (would like some more for a larger quilt)
                  8.- Extra blocks from Grand Illusion's border (thinking of alternate blocks or sashings)
                  9.- Little monkey blocks (just cut the strips for the sashing)
                  10.-Happy Blue blocks (trying to make up my mind on the layout)
                  11.- DHG2 SWAP blocks (different blocks sizes to match)
                  12.- Jamestown Landing units (just finished sewing together the HST's unto Broken Dishes)
                  13.- Sampler blocks (should I, or should I not, put sashing between them?)
                  14.- Hand sewn hexi project

Comment

You've got a lot going on, I hope you wrap up a few more of these so you can start fun new projects in the new year!!

Comment

Well, projects #1, #3 and #4 are done, but I forgot to take pics. #2, #5 and #6 are just too large at this stage for me to work at them while at my in-laws, and the hand sewn hexies progress little by little. This leaves me with just 7 bunches of blocks I should be thinking of assembling somehow. Thanks for your good wishes!

Comment

Update from September's WIP list:

Sandwiched quilts:
                        1.- Blue 4P baby quilt (40" X 40") FINISHED
                        2.- Blue Spiderweb quilt (80" x 80") SANDWICHED
                        3.- Purple Katie's quilt (60" x 80") FINISHED
                        4.- Hope Cove (48" x 48") FINISHED

Finished quilt tops:
                        5.- Repro Carolina Chains (I think it is 72" x 72") will remain unquilted for a while
                        6.- Grand Illusion (80" x 80") will remain unquilted for a while

Sets of blocks waiting to be assembled:
                        7.- Monochromatic logcabin blocks (would like some more for a larger quilt) Still making extra blocks now and then
                        8.- Extra blocks from Grand Illusion's border: being assembled
                        9.- Little monkey blocks Top assembled, needing backing and more 3 1/2" squares for Prairie Point border
                        10.-Happy Blue (48" x 60") FINISHED
                        11.- DHG2 SWAP blocks (different blocks sizes to match): top completed, waiting to be quilted
                        12.- Jamestown Landing (20 blocks done, deciding if I go for more)
                        13.- Sampler blocks SANDWICHED, started FMQing
                        14.- Hand sewn hexi project (at a standstill)

Comment

Congratulations on getting some of those WIPs finished - it's nice to have a few drop off the list, isn't it?
                          Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

Comment

It's nice, indeed!

One more: Happy Blue quilted and bound: DONE! I found the blue pastel colors too dull, even for a baby quilt, so I matched them with coordinating bright solids from my stash. The quilt is 48" x 60", and I backed it with yellow fleece, and no batting (temps are mild in this country).

Comment

Happy Blue - great name and I like the 'jigsaw'-like pattern.
                              Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

Comment

2015 Definitely Want To Make This Group

About this Group

Do you have too many quilt ideas floating around in your head? This will be fun group where we can motivate & cheer each on as we work on new projects that we have been planning & dreaming about. Post a list of new projects that you really want to make this year. If you want to post a projected completion time you can. At the end of each month we can check in to give updates of our progress. Pictures are encouraged. The group is open for anyone. Happy Quilting in 2015.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 34
                              Comments: 123

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X