This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 62 April 6th - 13th

Congratulations to JimsQueenie! You love MSQC and you've been sharin' the love so here's 1,000 points of Quilters Cash love for you!

If the rest of you want to play again tell me if you have a favorite type or brand of scissors/rotary cutter. Buying nice cutting tools is a big step and having a little friendly advice is awesome! So let us know if you have a favorite or if you're just looking for one

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; April 6, 2012, 09:03 PM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 62 April 6th - 13th

Well to tell the truth I have a fisker cutter but I found out that the olfa blades last longer so I use a fisker handle on a olfa blade.... kellie
    :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Olfa has to be my favorite. Their blades seem to cut better and stay sharper. As far as scissors, I'm in the market for a better pair, for now I'm using fiskars brand.
      Angela Lashley - Studio Bella Rose

Comment

My favorate rotary cutter is gingher I am left handed and I love the one they make for lefties lol and scissors Friskars, Mahalo
        sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

I usually stick with the medium priced one. I have tried the cheapest things since money was so tight, but found out soon enough that having to replace the items frequently isn't saving me any money. Fiskars seems to be the medium price one now and they are everywhere so getting new blades and such...isn't a problem. I would like to try the higher priced items, but at the moment, money is my master and FIskars is doing just fine anyway.
          Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations Vicki!

I have a pair of Singer scissors that I just love...and they are a pretty pink.
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Olfa used to be my favorite. Now I'm kinda happy with my Accuquilt Go.

Comment

I have some little scissors with pretty handles that I bought at a Ghingers (sp?) sale a couple of years ago. I love them for snipping all those threads.

Becki
                I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Comment

I love Gingher embroidery scissors, especially for ripping out. I ask for a new pair every Christmas. I bought an offset Fiskars rotary cutter 45mm and it doesn 't work well with my QuiltCut2 board you can't get all the way to the edge where the ruler attaches to the frame. So I like Olfa straight handle, the more the merrier, because I cut in several places in my house. I started marking the date I installed the new blades right on the handle, so I'm using the sharpest knife in the drawer for my latest projects!

Comment

I love my Kai scissors, they are the best I have ever used.

Comment

I have a little pair of Kane 'stork' scissors, & a little pair of snippies that I just love to use for clipping curves & snipping threads.

Comment

I've only tried one rotary cutter and that is an olfa and Fisker scissors. I like them both. : )
                        :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

I use Fiskars sewing scissors and rotary cutter and have a pair of Ghinger nippers. I think Ghinger are the only ones that make all metal nippers.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I love my Martelli Rotary Cutter. It works like a charm and my hand does not get tired of cutting.
                            Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

Been using my Fiskars scissors (all sizes) for years and an Olfa rotary cutter---I re-sharpen the blades for the Olfa and haven't bought any blades in a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X