Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 49 A GIANT apology...(with a layer cake on the side)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 49 A GIANT apology...(with a layer cake on the side)

Oh me oh my. Where do I even start!?!?! Life has been crazy. Really crazy. We've had a death in the family, house hunting, sick children....blah-blah-blah. It has been a hectic spring. I am so sorry to have let this giveaway go unattended.
    The winner this week is SondraR. You have won the tea towel, so please message me your address and and we will ship out to you asap!

This week I would like to giveaway something BIG. Like a LAYER CAKE! (how about a Migration Layer Cake, by Holly Taylor)

This week lets discuss fabric. What is your favorite 'season' of fabric to buy? Can you not resist Halloween fabric or do you cave for anything Christmas!??!!? What about Easter, or Thanksgiving (fall)...
    I can't wait to hear what you all have to say!

(ps. I've missed you!)

Re: Week 49 A GIANT apology...(with a layer cake on the side)

It sounds like you have been really busy....well I can relate to that.......as for my favorite 'season' to buy fabric....I could say spring....or summer....or fall.....or winter...... Christmas fabrics are sooo pretty....and Easter fabric....Beautiful.......but to tell the truth.......anytime I find beautiful fabric.......that is my favorite ..........."Reason"............ 'Season' ........to buy......
    Thanks for these giveaways......
    bopeep
    sigpic

Comment

Gotta be Christmas! I have way more than any other category, and some of it I just like to look at and haven't had the heart to cut into!
      Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

I enjoy Christmas fabric fabric too but I also like the patriotic fabric too, love fabric with stars on it!

Comment

Fall fabrics are the best! The season lasts from Labor Day right through high school football season, Halloween and right on through Thanksgiving. All those beautiful reds, golds, maroons, purples, browns, and greens all glowing and mixed together. Fall leaf prints, twiggy prints, even woodsy and camo prints. What a reason to have a basket of fall fabrics tumbling all over my closet begging to be made into quilts, throws, tablerunners, placemats and wallhangings.

Comment

Congrats to SondraR!
            And sorry for the stressful few weeks...

My favorite fabric would have to be fall also. I agree with Alphabetty! I've been drawn to those colors for 40 years, so I guess it's in my blood. <G> Like she says, the season lasts a long time! I really loved the Gobble, Gobble line for those reasons!

Comment

Oooo! I'm a Christmas fabric fan. Long ago, I set a goal to make a Christmas quilt for every member of the family...mostly so that I could acquire more Christmas fabric. I was doing pretty well until the grandchildren starting coming along. I need to make two more this year alone to get caught up! LOL!

Comment

ANY season is a good season to buy fabric!!! I am addicted and love seeing what's new and coming soon by fabric designers.

If I had to pick a season, it would probably be fall because I'm drawn to the rich, warm colors of autumn. Of course, Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Mardi Gras, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, New Year's, President's Day, Columbus Day, Groundhog's Day....just to name a few, are also excellent fabric buying seasons!!!

Wanda

Comment

Since my birthday is Christmas Day, one would expect Christmas fabric to be my favorite. Also my house colors are green, burgundy, and beige. However, fall is my favorite when it comes to holiday fabrics. Fall has always been my favorite time of year. Whenever I'm in a quilt shop my eye goes right to those colors.
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Woo Hoo!!! I think I am going to make that apron!!! I haven't watched the tutorial yet, so it's a great time to do so!! As for this week's question, I have to go with the 4th of July fabrics, or the fall fabrics. I love the bright red, white, and blues, but my eye also tends to go for the dark, earthy colors, the browns, greens, and oranges that tend to show up around Thanksgiving!!! Oh, and thanks for the congrats everyone, and thanks MSQC for the tea towel!!!

Comment

Oh this is easy! Fall-Autumn, I love the fabrics in the golds/browns/greens with hints of pink and red. Maybe it's because it is my favorite time of year. Sorry for the loss in the family and good luck with the house hunting. We missed you too!

Comment

Hugs to you sewhot...so sorry for your loss and please know how worried we (well I was) were about you! Glad to see you're back!

Congrats to SandraR - hope you post a pic of the apron you make!

A LAYER CAKE!! Wow...that is a REALLY, REALLY generous prize!

Do I really have to pick one season???? Well, I love Christmas fabric but nothing draws me in like the fall fabric. I think it has to do with that "homecoming" feeling that I get around late September when summer is over and I am ready to get the crockpot out, bake all the time, pretty much just stay home wearing big, bulky sweaters and dreaming of the projects I can make during the upcoming winter!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

congrats SondraR....favorite season to buy fabrics would have to be the season at the time...I am fairly new to quilting, but I have to say, I love fabric shops...I can't resist just stopping in and of course, MSQC is my favorite...what a great prize to look forward to.....glad to have you back...hugs, Fran

Comment

Are you suggesting we have to have a season???!!!! I cannot do that. I love spring, summer, fall, winter, christmas, halloween, easter, valentines day, st. patrick's day, Canada day, I love' em all and any one of them can be a good enough excuse for me to buy fabric or any other kind of stash for quilting! ROFL.

Heather
                            🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

HAHA i agree - i love fabric year round! Flowers and small calico type prints are my very favs but its all good for me
                              Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                              hugs, Suzi
                              http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                              it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Working...
                              X