This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 48 How's about a tea towel?

This weeks winner (of that adorable Oz charm pack) is Fushia3! Congrats to you. Email me and we will send that prize out to you asap!

I am knee deep in buying/selling a house and have been doing a lot of cleaning....so I think it's only fitting that we give away a tea towel (purple) this week. I am sure you can think of something fun and cute to do with it that might inspire some cleaning! Or at least soften the blow, of all the stuff you have to clean.

So, my question is.....what new thing have you heard of (in the quilt-craft-DIY) world that you have been dying to try? Or what have you tried and want to share. Pictures are welcome! I can't wait to hear.

Re: Week 48 How's about a tea towel?

When adjusting the tension on your sewing machine, put the presser foot *DOWN* or your really not adjusting anything. I never knew that until this week at quilting class when another lady was having trouble with the tension on her machine.

Comment

Congratulations Fushia3!

I haven't really tried anything new - have all the printouts for stuff and just haven't had the time to try things like dying my own fabrics, printing photos from the printer, etc. etc. Guess I'm a traditional gal who uses what she has and doesn't indulge on the new stuff. I still have a brand new Flynn frame over there just waiting for me to dig it out and get it sewing. Doesn't look good this weekend for the time either.

But anything new (like a purple tea towel) will do just fine as a gift for me!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hugs,
      quilting trish
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Good morning,
        I have been mesmerized wth the tutorials and the first things I did was the tube quilting LOVED IT!! and made table runners & hot pads at Christmas. I watched the tea towel apron one and that is on my list to do (my sister loves aprons & I buy them for her)Now I am going to make one. So a tea towel would be a PERFECT win for me. I also have plans to make those adorable pillowcases for all my 8 grandchildren. Thinking flannel with Christmas prints will be nice gifts. And the Friendship Braid is to be my next quilt project..love it and thanks again Trish for the pattern. Gosh, I have a lot of projects. God bless you all.

Comment

Congrats to you Fush!

Thanks for tension hint. I never knew that! This is gonna be a great thread!

There is so much I want to try or buy that I posted a list on the bulletin board above my computer and it's getting quite long! This winter when I wanted an easy project between quilts I made flannel pillow cases for some extra pillows on my bed. I didn't want to put them in shams and I could not find any pillow cases that weren't boring so I bought some of the higher quality quilters flannel, which came in beautiful designs, and made several sets of pillow cases. Then I got requests from family member to make them some. They are so soft to sleep on and who says they have to matchy match the bedding??

My latest obsession is the Disappearing Nine Patch from Jenny's tutorial. I really want to do that! I may move it to the top of my list!
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I tried the pillow case from the tutuorial. It was a lot of fun. I made it because I had taken my granddaughter to a quilt show with me (Mistake, too little, too bored) but anyways while there I let her pick out some material for a quilt. I showed her a main material and told her to pick out material to go with it. She kept picking up this same material that just DID NOT go with the main material I had picked out, sooooo, I thought "whatever, it's her quilt" but I just couldn't add it to the quilt, thus the pillowcase and she is nuts for pillowcases so I think she will be just as happy.

I've allways wanted to try the Bob Ross painting, watch it every week, and my brother got a kit for Christmas....I'm so jealous!

Comment

It is my month for a tea towel swap and here is the towel I just sent out to eleven swap buddies:

I used the starch method of applique with templar plastic for the large bird (twelve times!!) added a glass bead for the eye and then stitched on a coordinating bird fabric trim.
              Attached Files

Comment

I really want to try the texture magic and I'm nearly going to buy some soon lol....I want to make purses with it....
                A tea towel is so sweet....

Comment

Congrats Fushia!

I, too, want to try the tube quilting!

Nancy

Comment

I really want to try the pillowcases. I have soooo many projects on my want list it's crazy, but the pillowcases are at the top!! I have just stepped waaaaayyyy out of my box last week by finally trying out my first sewing machine (I bought it a year ago, and have never had the guts to actually sit down and learn to use it)! I put together a very simple quilt top in 2 nights, and am instantly in love with it!!! Now I just have to buy fabric to make the pillowcases with, and i'm gonna make a whole bunch for our family's Christmas in July party!!!

Comment

I saw a bag at my LQS made with Texture Magic that I am dying to try.
                      See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

Kaliedscopes - I really want to try making those! it can not be the hard once i figure it out - right?!?!
                        Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                        hugs, Suzi
                        http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                        it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Thanks for the congrats. I was very surprised to see my name.

I want to try making a stack n whack quilt. I've watched the tutorial and I have ordered a book by Bethany Reynolds. I think it is amazing how the fabric changes as the pieces are put together.

Comment

Hi, I am new to this forum and just had to respond to you about the new book by Bethany Reynolds. I am on my 5th stack and whack "ribbon weave" and it is so easy to make. I did this one in 3 days watching the olympics while on vacation. Now all I have to do is quilt it. Honchey
                            Attached Files

Comment

Can't decide whether to try pillowcases or a stack & whack first. I have a couple of projects that I have to start/complete first before I try anything new -- I'm trying to whittle down my enormous list of unfinished/unstarted projects before I start in on anything new!
                              Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

Working...
                              X