This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 46 Tools of the trade...

It's nice & warm here in SC, and I normally wear shorts & tees and many afternoons a bathing suit as I'm in the pool as we "pool sit" (aka take care of a pool) for some friends who go to CT for 2 months during the summer. It's ALMOST like having our own pool without the cost, but you have to drive to it!

And congrats to SusieQ!

Comment

Originally posted by sewhot View Post
      Congrats to this weeks winner (of the Amy Butler LOVE charm pack) SUZIEQ54. Please email (private message me) your shipping info and we will ship that beauty out to you asap!

This week I owe you an apology...apparently I missed a week. My brain is FRIED. Between sick kids, taxes, new updates, life, selling my house...blah blah blah, I lost count of the days. I am so sorry.

So for the giveaway this week I wanted to give you one of the BEST tools we have! Yup, you know it....THE BINDING TOOL!!! Talk about something making our lives easier (right). We love this tool. SO I want to give one away this week.....all you have to do is tell me:

What is your go-to summer outfit?! Are you a short shorts gal, a knee length shorts lady, capri fan or do sun dresses do it for you!??!?! And why?

Me, I am kind of at a loss this season. I guess I'd have to go with capri's cause I can NO longer get away with shorts. (hello hail-damage) I do like cute summer dresses too....

Sheesh, I need to start working out....like 3 months ago! Hahahah!!
      Oh my gosh, I love ALL summers clothes....capris and skorts are my favorite. The look of a skirt with the comfort of knowing our bottoms are covered !!!! LOL

Comment

I am a capri girl...always have been, always will be. Add anything cotton for a top and I am good to go.

Comment

Congrats SUZIEQ54!

My summer wardrobe consists of shorts,
          capris and lots of tee's!
          It's very hot where I live,
          but usually get a breeze.

I don't like summer but try not to complain,
          'cuz of all the veggies we grow.
          There's nothing better than chomping into
          a home-grown juicy tomato!

Or fresh blueberries straight from the bush,
          peaches and apricots from the trees.
          I'll take the heat, as long as I have plenty of
          tee's and capris!

Comment

Way to go SuzieQ54!

Usually capris, a tee & flip flops but I love to wear a skirt with a tee and flip flops to run errands or have lunch out. Easy breezy....or whatever is clean!

Don't know much about the binding tool but looks like it has a following and I would love to add one to my "arsenal"!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

A sarong and tank top.

Comment

I'm a shorts & tank top kind of gal around the house in the summer BUT just give me an excuse to go into town & it is a skirt & nice top for me - I love dressing up to go to town! Would love to win the binding tool too. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

Comment

Summer is my absolute FAVORITE season for sure. I am a shorts and tank top girl though the shorts have been getting longer and the tank top straps have been getting wider as I have gotten older but I still love to get sun! I'm all about being comfortable yet modest ... and for footwear i'm all about flip flops ... really i would love to go bare foot if i could, but stores and such frown on that so i give in and put the littlest shoes on that i can get away with ... happy warm weather all

Comment

It's cotton skirts and soft fitted tshirts for me - it's literally my summer uniform! I just need to whip up a couple new skirts so that I can change it up a bit

Comment

Congratulations SUZIEQ54! I'm not comfortable with my legs on display (not a pretty thing) so I wear jeans almost all the time. The only difference between summer and winter is the length of my sleeves and the number of layers! I do wear capris at home, though.
                      http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wear capri pants year round here in Florida. I've got lousy legs I don't dare show! In my youth, short shorts!!!
                        See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, I know that everyone is grateful that the shorts are history and capri pants are the new staple of summer for me!!

Comment

Tank top, flip flops, Bermuda shorts. Can't believe I wear this until its so so hot here that anything else seems ridiculous. I tone it down for work -- with my work clothes I wear capris and short sleeves and nicer flip flops ! This is Texas-- lots of our quilts end up as wall hangings......!

Comment

I love my capris and cotton babydoll blouses...live in them all summer long! I'm soooooooo tired of being cold... come on sun!!!
                              Peggy
                              ************************************************** *******
                              "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

Comment

I usually go with Capris and a tee shirt. Whatever it is, it has to be 100% cotton. It is too hot out here in Phoenix not to have the breath-ability (is that a word?) of cotton.

Comment

Working...
                                X