This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 44 Nicey Jane

Congratulations to this weeks winner: SarahBelle. Email me your information and we will ship out your prize! You will LOVE playing around with the ric rac!!

This week we are going to give away a Nicey Jane charm pack. I LOVE Nicey jane.....you may have heard that I am mildly obsessed with Heather Bailey.

Anyway, my question for the week is: What is your biggest pet peeve? What drives you crazy more than anything else?

Me, i can NOT stand it when people read over my shoulder (and breathe on me)

Re: Week 44 Nicey Jane

My biggest pet peeve is people saying they will do something and not following thru or reeeeeely slow drivers.....
    anyway... I hope all of you have a great weekend. its Friday.

Comment

people who are dishonest. can't stand it.
      Michele

Comment

I would have to agree with the first two posts. I hate it when you count on someone and they don't follow through. I guess it all comes down to respect +/or consideration....same with the slow drivers - they know your behind them - so just move over already!! Another thing is cruelty - which comes in many forms of course and is so unnecessary.
        Nina in KS
        http://mudpotter.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congrats SarahBelle!

One of my pet peeves is grammar/spelling errors in printed material -- books, newspapers, etc. Apparently proofreaders have gone the way of the dodo. Spell checkers don't catch many grammar errors or words spelled correctly but used incorrectly. My biggest 'nails on the blackboard' peeve is the misuse of "it's" -- you have to be able to substitute "it is"!!

Stepping off soapbox now!!

-- Ruth Ann
          Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves is the "know it all"! This person makes me crazy! LOL
            Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
            hugs, Suzi
            http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
            it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

OH and congratulations Sarahbelle!!
              Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
              hugs, Suzi
              http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
              it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

My daughter just turned thirteen earlier this year. That is the explanation for my pet peeve. It's eye rolling. I just hate it. It drives me crazy!!!!

We were checking out at Wal-Mart earlier today and the cashier said something to me. I responded. I happened to look at my daughter and she was rolling her eyes! My very existence makes her roll her eyes. I'll be happier when she gets beyond this phase. In the mean time, I just plan on beating her a lot and at the end of the year, we'll see who comes out alive! (Just kidding. Seriously. Just kidding.)

I'm not kidding about the eye rolling, though.

Comment

Mine would be Zach and "what?" every few seconds. Keep in mind he is just over 3 but really....how many times do I answer the same question over and over and over and......
                  sigpic

Comment

congrats Sarahbelle....
                    I don't like people who are always late....and people who expect something for nothing....

Comment

Congrats Sarahbelle!

ooh, Nicey Jane... Love that line!
                      A charm pack would go nicely with my two table runner kits. Just sayin...

Inappropriate cell phone use -- at my father's funeral, someone's cell phone rang and rang... also at my stepdaughter's wedding a phone went off. We have a rule in our household that cell phones do not go to restaurants when we eat out, or to movies or other important functions and places. Life is not so important that it can't be put on hold during those times...

It's just common courtesy...

Yikes, I'm really not that mean. I'm quite nice... It's just a pet peeve ya know...
                      "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

Whining. Even if it is a normal conversation and the person's voice is in the "whine" range. It makes my ears cringe.

Texting when I am trying to hold a conversation with you, and "Call Waiting" are right up there. If you can't or don't want to talk to me because you are waiting for an important call, please just tell me so. I will be much less cross than if you text or tell me to wait while you check the other line. Actually, I probably won't be there when you get back. Just a fair warning....
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I too do not like the over the shoulder reading thing. But my worst is when people think the person on their cell phone is more important than the person sitting acrosss from them...cell phone ettiquette.

Comment

I agree with most of you.. and I think technology (mainly cell phones) have ruined good ole communication. Does it sound hypocritical of me to say that I love email though? I hope not!

I would have to say my biggest pet peeve would be people who talk through movies. I have a lot of pet peeves, but this one is in the top 5. There's nothing like trying to follow a movie, especially one you've paid $10 to see and having someone "narrate" it for you, among many other things...

I feel better having gotten that off my chest...

Comment

For me, lack of cell phone etiquette is right up there. And people who work with the public, acting rude and irritated, like they're doing you a huge favor by ringing up your transaction, waiting on you or even answering a question. UGH I always wish a nice person who would truly appreciate the job could replace them!

Comment

Working...
                              X