This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 41 favorite Quilt Block

Congrats this week to DAWN! You are the winner of the Sweet Liberty Tuffets pattern. Give us your information and we will ship it out to you as soon as possible.

This week I am giving away a Spring Fever Charm pack (by Me and My Sister) because, well....I HAVE SPRING FEVER! It is so close I can almost taste it! The weather is just starting to warm up....I am not even irritated by all the mud. I'd rather have mud than snow, at this point! (wonder how long that will last! ahahahahh!)

Anyway, my question this week is: What is your favorite quilt block?
    Mine is the pinwheel, if I have to narrow it down to ONE! Hahah! And you know how hard that is gonna be....

Re: Week 41 favorite Quilt Block

I love STARS!!! all stars, any star but my favorite star block is the Friendship Star.

Comment

Right now I think my favorite quilt block is the "Heart Block".....all of them...all colors.....all sizes.......I Love Them....
      I HAVE SPRING FEVER TOOOOO !!!
      bopeep
      sigpic

Comment

Any block that I need to do when I get it done!!! How could anyone pick just one???

Comment

Congrats Dawn!

I like any woven ribbons block, but find I rarely have that kind of time. I usually just do something simple combining charm squares, jelly rolls and sometimes I use turnovers if I am feeling adventurous.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know enough to have a favorite yet. But, I'm working on it!
            http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Definitely the Log Cabin

Comment

Congrats Dawn -- enjoy!

I don't quilt enough to have a strong favorite, but I've always liked Clay's Choice for some reason.
                Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

I have to say that I love the log cabin. I just find it so versatile. I love to play with them and see what I come up with. Congrats Dawn!

Comment

Oh gee - this is hard. My favorites change. I guess it would be (for right now, anyway) - Log Cabin. There is so much you can do with it...

Comment

My favorite quilt block is the Pinwheel Star! It does require a partial seam, but the pinwheels just seem to spin whenever you look at it. I need a lot of them for a king size quilt, so I was pretty good at them by the end.

Comment

Congratulations Dawn!

That's a hard question. I really like most of them but think a lovers knot I just saw yesterday would be a front runner. It was a 2 color block in blue and white. The inside was a petal looking design.
                        I also love the applique flower blocks. I need to get moving on some of those.
                        Oh - love the Sun Bonnet blocks! I have a series of blocks to make for a SunBonnet Quilters Sue. Need to dig that out.

Have a great day everyone! And yes, Spring is definately coming. The temperatures here in Central PA will be in the 50's this week and the daffodils are already popping up through the ground.

Hugs,
                        quilting trish
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

The Friendship Star is my favorite, followed by Kaleidoscope and 6 Pointed Star. It's hard to pick just one!

Comment

My favorite is the dresden plate - which actually may not be considered a block? If it doesnt count them my other favorite block is an hourlgass, because they seem simple, but they have to be perfect, so it is a challenge!

Comment

My favorite is the very versatile and very very easy 9-patch. I just started working with triangles so I cannot comment on those yet.
                              🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

Working...
                              X