X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mclemons
    replied
    Re: Week 40 yes or no...

Yes, I applique. My first quilt had several applique blocks, so I didn't know to be scared, lol! I do machine applique, either blanket stitch or my new found invisible machine applique. I don't know if this is ok or nit, but here is a link to the best method I have found to do invisible machine applique.

http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...-applique.html

Just scroll down to the bottom and click on the next link at the bottom on the right hand side. As you go through the tutorial, you can just continue clicking on the links to go to the next step. I printed these pages and have them in a notebook to refer back to each time I do invisible machine applique.

Have a great day,

Michelle

Leave a comment:

• LavenderBlue
    replied

I have not tried applique yet, but it does appeal to me for the relaxation it gives and all the gorgeous patterns! If it's anything like hand quilting, I am doomed.

Leave a comment:

• Vicki
    replied

I used to applique a lot when I was selling children's clothing and it was all satin stitched. Very fun! I've done some recently with a machine blanket stitch but haven't tried needle turned (is that what you call it?).

Leave a comment:

• joscountryjunction
    replied

I just started with my first project. I've been blogging about it at www.joscountryjunction.com

Leave a comment:

• gjnees
    replied

yes, I do applique but embroidery is my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• hannahnkeegensmom
    replied

yes... my favorite is to applique something cute on a onesie and give it as a babyshower gift.
    I was scared, but no longer!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• pokeyrella22
    replied

I have not tried it yet, but I cant wait to learn !!!

Leave a comment:

• candela59
    replied

No! The very thought terrifies me...lol I'm very new to quilting and it just seems way too technical/skilled. I feel like any error would just scream out "here I am!!!". I know that I will eventually give it a try...just not right now.

Leave a comment:

• libbydawn
    replied

I think I'm going to machine applique my dresden plates to the blocks. I'm going to use either a zigzag or blanket stitch. Haven't decided which yet.

Leave a comment:

• madme
    replied

Yes I do, but not as often as I'd like. I do like hand work, it's the prepping I drag my feet on. Once I get going though it is pure pleasure even though it isn't perfection.
    Shelley

Leave a comment:

• cristiS
    replied

I've appliqued happily since my third quilt. I didn't actually know enough about what I was doing yet to be scared! Now I try to add applique to everything - it's so much fun!

Leave a comment:

• Pam
    replied

I am in the process of learning and trying different techniques. So right now the jury is out.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

I Have done some fused applique with machine stitching , but no hand applique. I don't do much hand sewing right now. My pre-schooler would be of waaay to much help in that department. I hope to try some one day, but that is after I have knocked out a large chunk of the "To-Do" list.

Leave a comment:

• Kathy6696
    replied

yes I like to do applique. I have done some and am planning another project soon. I have only done simply wall hanging quilts, have never attempted anything larger.........not yet!

Leave a comment:

• Kathy6696
    replied

Yes I do applique, but only by machine. Don't like hand applique. I don't like fusible interfacing either - I don't like the stifness it gives. I am going to start a dresden plate quilt soon.......need to figure out a color scheme, probably soft printey pastels, not sure yet. This takes me the longest!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X