This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 40 yes or no...

YES!! I LOVE quilts with aplique. I'm not the best at it yet (I had to get help from a friend) but I've completed 2 projects with aplique so far and I have another one in mind that I think will be pretty complicated, but I know the end results will be worth all the effort.

Comment

Yes I do applique, but only by machine. Don't like hand applique. I don't like fusible interfacing either - I don't like the stifness it gives. I am going to start a dresden plate quilt soon.......need to figure out a color scheme, probably soft printey pastels, not sure yet. This takes me the longest!

Comment

yes I like to do applique. I have done some and am planning another project soon. I have only done simply wall hanging quilts, have never attempted anything larger.........not yet!

Comment

I Have done some fused applique with machine stitching , but no hand applique. I don't do much hand sewing right now. My pre-schooler would be of waaay to much help in that department. I hope to try some one day, but that is after I have knocked out a large chunk of the "To-Do" list.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I am in the process of learning and trying different techniques. So right now the jury is out.

Comment

I've appliqued happily since my third quilt. I didn't actually know enough about what I was doing yet to be scared! Now I try to add applique to everything - it's so much fun!

Comment

Yes I do, but not as often as I'd like. I do like hand work, it's the prepping I drag my feet on. Once I get going though it is pure pleasure even though it isn't perfection.
                Shelley

Comment

I think I'm going to machine applique my dresden plates to the blocks. I'm going to use either a zigzag or blanket stitch. Haven't decided which yet.

Comment

No! The very thought terrifies me...lol I'm very new to quilting and it just seems way too technical/skilled. I feel like any error would just scream out "here I am!!!". I know that I will eventually give it a try...just not right now.
                    Peggy
                    "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

Comment

I have not tried it yet, but I cant wait to learn !!!

Comment

yes... my favorite is to applique something cute on a onesie and give it as a babyshower gift.
                        I was scared, but no longer!! LOL
                        ~ traci ~

Comment

yes, I do applique but embroidery is my favorite.

Comment

I just started with my first project. I've been blogging about it at www.joscountryjunction.com

Comment

I used to applique a lot when I was selling children's clothing and it was all satin stitched. Very fun! I've done some recently with a machine blanket stitch but haven't tried needle turned (is that what you call it?).
                              http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have not tried applique yet, but it does appeal to me for the relaxation it gives and all the gorgeous patterns! If it's anything like hand quilting, I am doomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X