This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 40 yes or no...

Yes, I do ! Love it and have done several blocks for swaps here on the internet! I am hooked on it, and usually do all mine by machine with fusible on the underside. I Love to use Steam-a-Seam for the fusible! I get the lightweight one and have had great success with it! I then do some stitching around it for decoration but wouldn't be necessary though. I have done T-shirts too, towels, blankets, bags. I am hooked on it!
    It is great enjoyment to me, and it brings lots of smiles to those you give it to. You just have to practice and jump right in with both feet and give it a try!
    Last edited by SusieQ; February 28, 2010, 12:36 AM. Reason: added info
    Live Simple, Love Much, Laugh Often

Comment

[I]

I like to do Embroidery applique, sewing applique NO!

Comment

I love applique. I imagine that 9 or 10 patterns I see and want to do have applique in it.
        Quilterdar

Comment

Yes I do! I do fusible web, am going to be trying needle turn in the near future!

Comment

Do you applique!? Yes or no. And for added fun why or why not? Are you scared? [i used to be, too]

Yes, I applique. I think that I have tried every way there is to applique. I love them all. I don't do anything that is too complicated but all of my quilts have applique on them somewhere.

Melissa

Comment

I have done a little but I'm just not very good at it. I suppose its a case where I just need to sit down and practice more.

[email protected]

Comment

Yes, I do applique'. I really like it as it adds such "cute-ness" to so many projects! I am going to be attending a class in a few weeks that is doing the Block-a-Month quilt "Le Jardin" by Bunny Hill Designs. I love Anne Sutton's quilts. They are so cute!
                "The Lord is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation." Exodus 15:2

:icon_happy:

Visit my blog! www.quaintncozycottage.blogspot.com :icon_wave:

Comment

I did fusible applique on the first quilt I ever made. It was a wall hanging with snowmen. I had fun and look forward to doing it again on another quilt.
                  Shelia

Comment

yes I do I do both, with my embroidery machine and satin stitching around appliques and I love it. The more you do the better you get, just remember to fuse stablizer on your applique piece for more stability.

Comment

I have here and there but I really prefer to piece. I will do more though!

Comment

I love to applique! Turning the fabric under, pressing and taking tiny stitches to make it all look like one piece of fabric...love it! It is the hand stitching that is my favorite. The best part of quilting for me is when I am hand stitching that final binding on. Most relaxing thing in the world to me! Since I have re-discovered quilting and found all the wonderful pre-cuts I have been mostly piecing and with all that I have bought (Thank you Daily Deal!) I will be piecing quilts for awhile longer!
                        patticakes
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I have done both hand applique and machine. Much prefer machine. I should try needleturn again so that maybe with practice it will go a little faster.

Comment

I don't applique, yet.... It looks easy enough, I just haven't had the desire to do it.
                            ~barb

Comment

If you count once as yes, then yes... I liked it. Need more practice...
                              "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

I just bought a book on applique to bolster my courage. Why I thought that attempting anything William Morris inspired was a good idea, I don't know.
                                Wish me luck.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                                X