This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 40 yes or no...

Congrats to this weeks winner lorils. You are the proud owner of a Hunky Dory charm pack! Email me your shipping info and we will ship that out asap.

This week I wanna know:

Do you applique!? Yes or no. And for added fun why or why not? Are you scared? [i used to be, too]

This week we will be giving away a Sweet Liberty Tuffets pattern. Believe me, you will love this pattern. It is the newest addition to Miss Rosie's tuffets! And I swear....you won't be able to make only one. {seriously}

Re: Week 40 yes or no...

Yes, I sure do! I just learned and now I'm wondering what took me so long to give it a try. It like adding a whole new art to the craft. Love it!

Comment

Yes I applique. So far only fusible machine applique but hope to start a needle turned project someday soon.

Comment

Congratulations Lorils!

Yes, I do applique but don't do as much as I would like. I certainly have the projects on hand, but seem to pull out a pieced project before I pull out an applique one even though I enjoy the needle-turning.

Great question!

Hugs,
        quilting trish
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

No - I am thinking about taking a class next month though.....

Comment

have only done it once. scarey yet and that was fusible applique. May try some yet.
            sigpic

Comment

I used applique on my first quilt a little over a year ago. I had no idea what i was doing. I tried to use fusible webbing, but couldn't get it to stick. I don't think I pulled off the protective lining. I used invisible thread to machine zig- zag stitch the edges, but it only succeeded in cutting the fabric. I then quilted inside the border to hold the applique on the quilt!
              Since then I have appliqued using fusible webbing, a decorative stitch and "normal" thread and it worked great.

Comment

I have never done it before, but am seriously thinking about doing it. I would like to do a Tisket a basket by Bunny Hill designs. It is so cute! I even asked a questions about applique on MSQ message board. Everyone was very helpful. Kind of nervous about messing it up though!!
                Niki

Comment

Yes I have done both, machine and hand applique. I did not like the hand applique, too tedious for me and such slow progress. Not my cup of tea!
                  See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes. I have only done one quilt and am still working on it. Doing the applique by hand. Been working on it since 1996. A sunbonnet Sue quilt out of my now 24 year old daughters clothes. May finish it one day. Lynne Leavell

Comment

Never tried it...always looked too complicated. Maybe I need to push myself out of the comfort zone and give it a try.

Happy Sewing,
                      Rae

Comment

Yes, I applique, but I'm pretty new to it. I did a few blocks for a charity quilt and it got me hooked:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've done a little -- one square of a sampler quilt and a bit of the fused applique. I don't care for it as much as piecing, but will probably try it again someday.
                          Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

yes and no

I tried to do a sunbonnet sue and only got a few done and when I was looking I placed one on the back ground wrong. Need more help but willing to try.

Comment

I have tried it and really liked it; I do not have any projects planned right now, but definitely want to do some more!

Comment

Working...
                              X