This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 39 Olympics...What's your sport?

Congrats to:RAE you are the winner of the brand new Whimsy charm pack! I hope you love it like we do! Contact me with your information and we will ship it out to you soon!

I am giving away a HUNKY DORY charm pack if you answer my simple question:

This week I have been consumed with watching the Olympics. Have you? Do you get into the all the events or favor some over others? What is your favorite?

See, that was easy wasn't it.

Re: Week 39 Olympics...What's your sport?

I like to watch all the different events. I really liked watching the snowboarding a couple of nights ago. I wish I could do that. lol It would be very difficult to pick one favorite.
    sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm usually a figure skating or gymnastics girl, depending on the season, but this year we've been watching different events. My son and I watched curling today. That's kind of neat!
      ~barb

Comment

Because of my niece I love the gymnastics, but I love the snow boarding and swimming as well. So I do watch winter as well as summer events.
        Happy Quilting
        Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations Rae!

I like the ice skating the best. Of course, it's amazing how people can stay up on those skiis coming down the mountain!

Hugs,
          quilting trish
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I watched the men's and women's skeleton last night and I don't know if that is my favorite, but those athletes sure do have to have a lot of guts to take off and go NINETY miles an hour head first down an ice track! I think I held my breath the whole time!!

Comment

Congrats Rae!
              I watched the luge races the other night and they make it look soooo easy,I think if I had one of those little lugee sleds and some ice I could could zip around everywhere! LOL!( I can just see my old 50 yr old self zipping around town on one of those thingys!) My town would NEVER be the same!! LOL! Anyway, it's fun watching these athletes and wondering how many yrs. they've had to train at their sport to make it look so effortless. Go USA !

Comment

Congrats Rae!

I've been watching most nights -- I think I like the summer Olympics better, but love the figure skaters. Shaun White on the snowboard is amazing!

My husband is a curler, so of course I watch curling. He even tried out for the 1998 Nagano Olympics (lest you be at least a little impressed, anyone could try out, so his team said 'Why not'. Needless to say, they didn't get very far. We call him our 'Olympic hopeless', not hopeful!) I think the curling commentators are really good, also.
                Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

congrats, Rae...I enjoy watching the downhill skiing...and remembering going that fast down a hill...only difference, that time, I was out of control and couldn't stop...he he...athletes today have to be so strong...watching the snowboarders is fun also, they have a different attitude from most athletes...they are out there for fun...congrats to the USA men's ice skater who won gold and did not get into a negative talk match with the Russian....curling is interesting....I'd like to see that in person....now off to quilting....hugs, yousewgirl...

Comment

Congrats Rae! I really am enjoying all of the winter sports. In the past I used to just watch the ice skating, but I have watched pretty much all of the coverage this winter. The snow boarding has been amazing, I agree.
                    Niki

Comment

Rae you lucky duck!
                      I love hockey and also the figure skating. That guy that won gold is from the town I live in! The curling is the strangest sport and I like watching that also. Did you know that curling is the only sport in which you wear two different shoes? Neither did I!!
                      Any Olympic inspired quilts out there???
                      patticakes~~
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Congrats Rae!

I don't have TV, so I don't watch the Olympics. I do read about them though, but more on a global "how is Canada doing" scale.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok I LOVE the Olympics!! I told everyone that I wanted to be on maternity leave when the Olympics were on so that I could watch it all. Luckily for me I was home to watch both the summer 2008 and theses winter games. Alright, I like watching basically everything, but if I had to pick a few favorite things it would be the opening ceremonies, snowboarding and figure skating (pairs).

I LOVE that the Olympics are in Canada this time since I live in Canada. My friend who lives in Vancouver had his hand on the truck transporting Wayne Gretzky, just before he lit the torch. We also had the chance to cheer on the Olympic flame as in went through our city. Actually a guy in my ward at church was the torch barer for our part of the city.

So much Canadian pride!!! GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've been devouring the Winter Olympics this year. I like them better than the summer. I think my favorite is figure skating, but I just saw Lindsay Vonn win again, and that's mighty exciting.

Comment

Congrats Rae Hockey is my favorite!

Comment

Working...
                              X