Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 35 Plain Jane or American Jane!?!?

Congrats, Junglewife!

January is a long haul, only marginally better than February, the worst month of all. Both are perfect for sewing, however!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

SEW SEW SEW !!!!!!!!!
      bopeep
      sigpic

Comment

I live where it seems like it's always cold and gray, so the only difference is that the sun goes down at 3:30 pm!!! :cry:

I've been spending my afternoons sewing, or buying fabric. The mornings are spent homeschooling my kids and the evenings are usually spent at work.
        ~barb

Comment

We homeschool. That could say enough right there for getting through any month, but I do plenty of other things too. ;-) I love to make doll clothes and quilt tops. A puzzle is a great January thing to do also.
          Strength and honor are her clothing; she shall rejoice in time to come.

Comment

We start out January with a "Girls Weekend". We go on the first full weekend after the 1st. By then we have the holidays behind us and the kids back in school. We use a weekend at a time-share so no big cash out of the pocket. We all have saved up a bit of fun money for whims. Then we all bring a couple of projects in progress to work on. There is plenty to eat, as we all bring our favorite breakfast & snack things, and do late lunches out. The condo units have kitchens so we could cook if we feel like it, but we usually don't! :mrgreen:
            After that, January is the time to get all of the annual paperwork and permits taken care of for the farm. We have a late crop of kids due this year, so that prep work will be put off for a few months. I am hoping to get some of these projects off the table so I can make a dent in the stash.
            It is cold and rainy here in January, so we spend a lot of time in front of the wood stove with projects and books. That is about as exciting as it gets here!
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Congrats junglewife!

I am trying to stay busy with all my WIP's (work in progress). This is the first winter that I have spent in Michigan, so I am not sure how long winter will be but I am planning on keeping myself busy. We will see how that goes, I have a lot of WIP's so I kind of need a LONG winter..lol. Other then that I have the normal house work to do and kid things to keep up with. I am excited to get working on all these WIP's.. I better get off here and go get busy!!!

traci
              ~ traci ~

Comment

Well, it's colder here in Atlanta as well and I'm not liking it at all! I have finally started my quilt from the quilt of the month blocks I collected all last year but since I haven't been quilting in awhile, my first one didn't turn out so well. Not the 12 1/2 inches it's suppossed to be, not sure what I am going to do though. Eveyone try and stay warm!
                Deb

Comment

I usually spend every January lazily working on all those UFO's that are stashed throughout my sewing room from the previous year.You know, the ones you set aside because you had things to finish before Christmas! It feels good to just relax and work on things that don't have to be done immediately and it really helps the time go by when the weather outside is yucky!

Comment

I've been finishing up all of the UFOs that have been hanging around my craft room. I might just be able to clear out a small corner if I continue.

Comment

I still have loads of Christmas fabric so I am making gifts for next year and then I will pull out some Spring fabrics to work with!

Comment

I always have to stay busy after Christmas because there are 6 close family member birthdays in the first 6 weeks of the year, beginning with my grandson on New Years Day!

Comment

Lots of things get me through these days...

sewing, designing, and creating
                          snuggling with hubby to stay warm
                          soup....
                          friends....familly...
                          "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

The main focus right now is trying to thaw out from the really cold weather!!! It's a good time for inside projects -- some housekeeping and some FUN! Recently found the Bunny Hill 2009 basket bom, so am auditioning fabrics from existing stash for that. There's a new 2010 Bunny Hill snowman bom; will wait to start that after the baskets are done. Also loving some other crafty things -- scrapbooking, and have a decoupage gift to make for a newly married neice and her hubby. Try to make sure everyday includes at least a little bit of time for fun projects.

Comment

I am getting through January by thinking about April. The countdown is on for spring. I am kind of glad the Christmas rush is over as I have been able to make a quilt using the tube quilting method. I found it so easy to do and the results were great.

Comment

Here in Phoenix it isn't really cold. But we are due for rain for the next week everyday. Cool. To keep me going, I have several quilt tops that I am putting together, one quilt that I am doing stitch in the ditch quilting, and working on Valentine paper piecing projects. They definitely keep me busy. Add raising my grandson and babysitting my other gradson and you get the idea!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X