This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 27 Jul 17th - 24th

Congratulations to tfrankum! For doing... nothing!!! We love you! And because of the excessive amount of love we feel for you it's spilling out in the form of quilters cash points and there needs to be another winner in order to absorb them all! So, another big congratulations out to Lori63! I hope your grandson enjoys the quilt you're making!

And speaking of grandsons and other little people I've hit the season of sewing requests I think. (Does that have a season? ) My little people are requesting pencil bags, and backpacks...., yeah, right. But in the spirit of love, and keeping them quiet, I've spent several mornings in the sewing room picking out coordinating fabrics and promising to help her make the pencil bag. Oh boy. ...we'll be buying the backpack.

So, here's my question. Have you ever had the joy of helping/teaching one of the little people around you learn to sew.
    If not, boy are you in for a treat! Come on down! I've got little people doing projects all over the house! You'll love it...

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; August 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 26 Jul 17th - 24th

Congrats to the winners!

I taught my daughter some basics of sewing while she was interested. Of course for now her interests have moved to other things.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I taught my daughter as well. She didn't like it then, but she loves it now!
      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

My 3 year old GD sits on my lap when I quilt - she pushes some of the buttons and really enjoys putting scraps together - love our time together!!

Comment

I have to sons and they were each give basic sewing training. I have taught beginner sewing to many folks for my job and also quilting.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

All 3 of my kids sew and my granddaughter likes to help.
            :icon_rolleyes:There are 3 kinds of men
            The one who learns by reading
            The few who learn by observation
            The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence themselves
            Will Rogers
            :icon_shake:

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. Harry S Truman
            :icon_shake:

Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.
            :icon_giggle:

Comment

No, my grandchild is too young! and I only just learned myself so I never taught my daughters.
              "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy" -- Eskimo Proverb

Comment

No as I have no children and my niece wasn't interested.
                Wendy
                http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

congratulations to our well-deserving winners

i've taught several young ones to sew and quilt\
                  they are so much fun
                  i thought a thought that i thought i had thought but the thought that i had thought wasnt the thought that i had thought i had thought so maybe if i had thought the thought that i thought i thought i wouldn't of thought so much

Comment

My granddaughter is coming in a couple of weeks and I hope she could help me with some sewing. She is 5.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I've helped my oldest granddaughter to learn to sew. Been thinking I should have the oldest grandson come over to make something.

Comment

Yes, both sons and my daughter, besides some nieces and several young 4-Her's.

Comment

My first granddaughter and I made her Easter dresses annually. Then I began quilting and she wanted to learn. She picked out some scraps, cut them up and sewed them together to make her first quilt. She is now 24 and too old to play with Grandma. I still have a 6 year old granddaughter who loves to help in the sewing room. She claims the task of picking up my "pokies" (her description of the pins I drop on the floor.) Of course, I always accommodate her, making sure she has pins to collect and put back in the pin cushion. Only one other GDD but she is not interested in sewing. Alas.

Comment

I taught my daughter to sew. When she was around 7, she asked to go to a quilting class nearby. She made several projects, then made a twin sized quilt for her bed! She as so proud of her accomplishments and, of course, I have kept them all.
                            I also have the first quilt I made with my Nana's help. I am looking forward to having a grand daughter to continue the sewing and quilting legacy.

Comment

I've been teaching my daughter (and sometimes son) to sew since she was in Kindergarten. Now that she is older (9), our house has become the neighborhood hangout. The girls come down frequently to work on projects and occasionally request special things. The latest project we learned included ruffling! Here is a picture of two of them with their big finish, aprons for their "big sisters bakery"! My daughter is almost done with her first "Falling Charms" quilt. I'm so proud of her. Cheers to passing on a passion.
                              image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X