This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 26 Jul 17th - 24th

My daughter showed enough interest to sew a straight seam when she was younger; that was about it! My granddaughters are pretty young and seem interested in what I am doing, especially with the sewing machine. I think they are too involved in other activities right now to be serious about learning how to sew/quilt.
    :icon_wave: Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

I helped my son when he took a sewing class in middle school (Jr High). He can do basics and can hand sew which is more than his wife can do. I have offered to teach her. She let me help her hem a pair of jeans but that is all so far.

Comment

My grandkids live about 4 hrs (no traffic) away from us so we don't get to see them very often. I always have hand projects on the travel down to see them -- I also work on the projects as we relax and sit and watch TV. The 3 of them (2 girls 1 boy) are always "grandma - can I try"? absolutely - and I let them put their hand in my projects. When my oldest had surgery last year, I stayed with the other 2 while parents were at hospital with her. The other 2 got to help with my sewing machine - they each made a project and I love watching their faces and the smiles when they realize "I DID THAT".

Comment

My daughter once took a sewing class when she was about 11. It was a good experience. I was not sewing much at the time, but helped her a little with some basic things as in how to thread a sewing machine. It was the only clothing she ever made...a jumpsuit type thing with her favorite thing on it....cats. She actually wore it some.
          Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any little people in my life. For a year or so I "borrowed" one of my besties granddaughter twice a month. We LOVED having her! She just turned 3 and moved away a couple of months ago. I still have my fingers crossed that my son and DIL will have a baby one of these days. They are both in college full time and don't think now is the right time. Duh! It's always the right time for a baby I say!!
            "I once had a rose named after me and I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against the wall."
            Eleanor Roosevelt

************************************************** ***********************

Jill sigpic

Comment

I have taught my little girl to cross-stitch since the needles are blunted. She can move on to bigger and better things as she gets older.

Comment

I am a nanny and Sofia (the little girl I watch) just performed major surgery on her doll. Her new puppy Cooper ripped the leg off her doll and she sewed it back on all by herself. She was happy and the doll was too.

Comment

I have not but I seem to get plenty of requests for quilts from my daughter.

Comment

I've taught my daughter a little bit
                    ~Rebecca

Comment

Congratulations to the winners! I took my then 14 year old granddaughter to a pillowcase class and she really liked it, but that is as far as it went. She is now 18 and has no interest.

Kathy
                      Last edited by Panda; July 29, 2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Yes my niece. She thought sewing was only by hand with a needle and thread ! So we hand sewed for 4 days. Once she tried the machine for one seam she exclaimed "this is really cool!"

Comment

I slowly taught my 12 yr. old boy to sew a quilt together....we sat down and decided on a simple pattern and I cut all the fabric.....he put it together....it was both frustrating and exciting to see him take an interest in quilt making.... He made it for his unborn baby brother which is now 5 months old....

Every time we use it he tells me..."I made that mom and don't you forget it.."...lol....

Now to teach him to mend clothes....lol
                          Priscilla Lujan
                          Los Angeles, CA:icon_cool:

Comment

I'm still learning myself, but will in the future.

Comment

I showed my daughter the basics and took her shopping for her own fabric. She then stated that she wanted to design her own quilt! The end result was an amazing landscape quilt of our local Temecula vineyard at sunrise! Absolutely amazing! Talk about having a natural gift.
                              Michelle

Comment

Working...
                              X