This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 24 Jun 26th - Jul 3rd

Congratulations to goonybird, NeesyLove, & for good measure and because I love you all; one more winner... stationarymom!

Woohoo! Points for everyone! Or at least you three!! Yay!!

So today my 15 year old daughter walks in and says she wants to make shorts. I respond with a yeah, yeah, go figure it out and you can. Real nice of me huh any how, She comes up a couple hours later with jeans cut into scalloped shorts shorts with lae covered pockets and a pair of brand new fabric shorts. My mouth drops open and I hi-five her, "Did you just go digging around in my stuff for a pattern?" I ask. "No" she says, " I just laid my shorts down and traced around the pieces for a pattern and then read several instructions to see how they did it." Then shrugs like it's no big deal.

What?

I'm flying high all day today watching her walk around in shorts she made without a conventional pattern, I don't even care that she left fabric remnants all over the living room!

What gives you that flyin' high feeling? Share and you could win 1000 Quilters Cash Points!

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; July 7th, 2015, 07:16 AM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 24 Jun 26th - Jul 3rd

I'm not so impressed that your "year old daughter" can sew and make shorts as that she can talk and carry on a coherent conversation. Did you leave out a number?

Congrats to the winners.

Finishing a quilt always gives me that feeling.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Awwww!!!

Grats to the winners.

I get that feeling when I'm looking at fabrics, someone's projects and talking with another person about quilting!
      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Seeing children having interest in something else than just technology gadgets.
        ♥♥♥ JAM ♥♥♥

Comment

Hearing one of my students say, "I've never really liked reading, but I loved the book you assigned."
          Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Finding the perfect fabric already in my stash!

I'm with Karen! If your year old daughter can do all that, you have a genius on your hands!
            Still impressed however old she is that she made an article of clothing without a pattern!
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Hitting an awesome sale.

Congratulations everyone.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

And, though I am as amazed as everyone before me, I can't help but wonder if those scraps in the living room included some pieces left from the drapes and upholstery.

High Five any day that I get to sit and stitch without my back cramping!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

For me, it is going to a sewing class or getting a fabric parcel in the mail.

I am really impressed with the "year old girl" and I thought my grandkids were smart. lol
                  Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

When my daughter became a Marine, and all of her success in her military career so far. She's grown into a fine young woman, makes my heart soar!

Comment

My high flying feeling comes when my ten year old son proves himself to be willing steward of the planet by participating in his school's Green Team to teach other students to reduce, reuse and recycle (they won a state level award!), starting a compost pile for our family and even picking a soda can out of the trash to recycle! (I did have him use some hand sanitizer after! )

Comment

When I know I have made someone happy......especially random acts of kindness.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

My high comes several times per day when I check in on the forum and some one says I made them smile or laugh with something I posted.

Pig in tutu.jpg

Comment

congtats to you all
                            Lil one ,high five , your gonna be a star, mabe like Ms Jenny, you never know.
                            kids are a spunge, abservant, let her show you all she can do.what goes in sill conference me out.

....Bee
                            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I like the high flying feeling I get as I am doing the speed limit in my commute to work and someone speeds around me driving like nascar, then a ways down the road I come up on that same speeding car pulled over by the highway patrol! I got to the same point they did saving gas and time!shoot I need an emoticon with a cape!
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X