This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 17 May 1st - 8th

CONGRATULATIONS TO SKYMOM AND GRANNYJUDY!!!

I started a crazy quilt using men's neckties in 1991 or 1992 (not sure). I finished the quilt in 2009 . . . so that is 18 years, isn't it? Although the pieces were machine pieced, I hand embroidered all the seams and tied instead of quilting. It was backed with fleece and hand-tied and H E A V Y. I donated it to a needy family at Christmas past.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Okay don't yell at me, but probably 3 weeks. I only quilt over vacations from school and over the summer.

Comment

The longest may be one I never finish. I'm not happy with the way it looks so it's been packed away for about ten years.

Comment

Not started yet but I expect my longest will be a millefiori quilt. Planning to learn EPP this weekend to see if I like it. If so...let the games begin. I love the idea of being able to work on the pieces when traveling, etc. I expect it to take so long because I've never done hand sewing and rarely have down time to work on them.

Comment

I'm a fairly new quilter...well after a 40 year break! Made one when i was in 4-H, then didn't quilt for years until now. I've got two projects started. The longest has been sitting for about 6 months.
            Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

10 years and still not finished
              sigpic
              Kathy Jones

Comment

Congrats ladies! Use your points well!
                I started quilting about 15 years ago. Made JoAnns quilt block
                of the month quilts. I made several tops, most not completed.
                Now that I am an expert (ha ha) quilter, I decided to finish them.
                Oh my! I can see why I didn't finish them years ago. Error after error!
                But I did manage to fix several. I have a stack of tops done.

Comment

Congratulations to Skymom and Granny Judy!

My longest ongoing project is my handpiced hexagon guilt. It is a grand mothers flower garden.
                  I started in feb 2013 and are still not finished. But I am getting close!
                  sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                  The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                  A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                  And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I'm going on 25 years now. I started my first quilt when my 2nd daughter was 6 mos old and I told my grandparents that I would have it done in 6 months. My grandpa laughed at me.

Well, 25 years later, I only need to hand quilt about 4ft of border and bind it.

It's well used and well loved the way it is. Is it worth it?

It's all a matter of principle now.....

Comment

Congrats, girls!

Well it's all in the math, isn't it? I'm crrently (in the broadest sense of the word "currently") making two twin quilts for my mom, which I've been working on since last summer. I predict I will finish them this summer. They are my longest machine sewn project. I'll let you know how long my forum friendship hexagon charm qilt took. once I've quilted it.
                      ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

I am rather tenacious when it comes to quilting. The longest quilt time for me would be about a year. I can't wait to get it done!!

Comment

Well, lets see, I have the top finished on a quilt for our Master bedroom but that is as far as it has gotten-just afraid to take the next step since it is a king size and not sure if I want to try to quilt it on my machine or send it out. I began this about a year ago and really need to make a decision.
                          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I just finished last week the quilt I started for my Granddaughter. I started it when my daughter in law was pregnant. My granddaughter is 8. So that makes it over 8 years to finish her quilt. I was hand quilting but finished up machine quilting it to get it done.

Comment

Two years ago I started paper piecing a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt. I will be going to Philadelphia with my daughter for a week in June. While she is in training at the Federal Reserve Bank I plan on getting lots of hand stitching done, after a little touring of the town. My hope is to have it done by the end of the year.
                              Robin
                              My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Great question! My longest to finish quilt would be 14 months old. And the only reason it is so relatively new is that 14 months is also the length of time I have been quilting. Yep. Hated that first quilt top after I finished piecing it and haven't had the heart to quilt it. Someday I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X