This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 34 Resolution...

Whew! What a week! I apologize, AGAIN ops: for being late with the giveaway! But alas, I am here. Random.org did a lovely job picking one of you to win the charm pack....This weeks winner is : wingrider. Congratulations! Email me your shipping information and we will send that prize out asap!

This weeks prize is: a turnover. Any turnover. You pick which one you want. ( we are making resolutions....and trying to 'turnover' new leaves, right) har har har!

Since it's a New Year and all, I wanted to ask you about resolutions. DO you make them? Keep them? Or have you quit trying?

Me...I actually love the idea of starting fresh. I love having incentive to change things up, and look forward to making those changes.

Now...I just need to get off my duff and DO it!

Re: Week 34 Resolution...

I don't call them resolutions... they're revolutions... I find myself getting caught up in the exercise more, eat healthier, get organized, lose weight trap each year only to fail miserably by January 6th...

Sooooooo.... This year I set some goals... I started a thread on quilting goals in the quilting general discussion board. I'm a beginner and I set some doable goals to increase my skill. As a personal goal, I will try to be more optimistic. That's about it for me... all I can handle right now.

Here's to a wonderful new year, y'all. Let's make it a good one!
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

I Resolutely Resolve to not make resolutions!
      They're much too hard to remember!
      Who can keep up with a promise made
      in January, all the way till December?

Who needs the guilt, regret, or remorse,
      whenever we have a relapse?
      I certainly don't - and neither do you!
      So to heck with it - want some chocolate, perhaps?

Comment

Last New Year's Eve I made a resolution to get to 10 million points on Pogo (online game site). Well, its probably the only goal I have ever made that I actually was able to keep (It helped that I was already at 9.2 million when I made the goal...lol)

This year, I decided not to make any resolutions, other than my quilting resolutions. (Make a Dresden plate wall hanging or quilt and a quilt using the tube tutorial techniques)

I just want to be me, do what I like, eat what I like, take it one day at a time and enjoy life!!

Congrats wingrider on winning the last give-away!!
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I always start out with great intentions, and will do that this year also. The usual "lose weight", of course.

I'm trying very hard to use some of the piles of fabric I have, but first I have to organize it so I can see what I really have. Also trying to get rid of at least some of 40+ years of accumulated "stuff" -- living in the same house all that time has not been conducive to simplifying. I think I should have moved every few years!

This is my third day of NOT playing computer games -- I should have much more time to work on my other resolutions

Hoping to be better about staying in touch with old friends.

-- Craftyrad
          Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

My resolutions this year are to get my craft room ready for my new sewing machine. I am way excited about it. My other resolution is to make a table runner and a wall hanging for each holiday. I am also going to make 2 quilts to donate to Primary Children's Hospital. My childhood best friend lost a 3 month-old little boy to SIDS this year. I want to do something to honor his short little life.

Comment

I have several goals in mind for 2010. I need help sticking to some and others I hope will be easy enough I can manage on my own. I am going to write them down this year and list the steps I need to achieve them. I hope that helps keep me on track. I'd love to be in the "eat healthier, exercise more, lose weight" sector at the end of the year, but I know me and my love for chocolate, & yummy food. So that one is always dicey.
              I am on a fabric diet. :shock: I know BLASPHEMY! But, like all good diets, a little cheat here and there keeps you from going completely crazy. I have unsubscribed from the e-mails from the online fabric stores and only check MSQC for the daily deal. So unless it is something that I really want, & at a super price, I can resist. Now, to just stay away from the brick & mortar fabric shops! I have decided that for every 10 pounds I lose, then I can spend $10 in fabric willy-nilly. Again, not so good at the weight loss thing, ops: so not really a problem.
              I am also going to take on one room in our house every month and get it organized and squared away. We are starting our fifth year in this house and we still have boxes that have not been unpacked. Granted, some of the boxes are photos, but I at least need to find a safe way to store them. (May the good Lord help me when I get to the sewing room & office space! Another good reason to get rid of some of this stash!) I don't have 12 rooms, but our closet will count as one, and the kitchen may take 2 months to get through all of the cupboards & the pantry.
              We are already making progress on one goal. I want us to eat as many evening meals together at the table as a family as we possibly can this year. I know some nights it won't be possible because of schedules, but we are going to try for as many as we can. It is better for everybody, and I have some really great memories of meals around the dinner table from when I was a kid. We seemed to have the most fun there.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

My resolution
                I am monitoring my health....not a crazy bunch of weight loss or anything like that...just honestly monitoring my health. A little more excercise, a few less sweets, stepping on the scale and being aware of whatever is going on. When the pants get a little snug...do something.

I am also going to try to make a couple quilts for ME...last year, I gave most of them away. I'd love to work on a Farmer's Wife Quilt, a dresden plate, a Lori Smith pattern....anything that's a little more challenging...maybe even curved seams.

Comment

I don't do resolutions anymore. I call them goals. My main goal this year is to finish some of the projects that I have stored up for. To try and not buy so much fabric until I use some of my stash (Yeah I don't know if that will happen or not). Fabric is an addiction.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne Leavell

Comment

No resolutions for me, but I am making an attempt to accomplish more on a daily basis. (That means "Step away from the computer!) My husband and I both started Weight Watchers online today and that will mean a few changes but I'm not going to stress about it. I'm teaching myself to knit, so that should be interesting. YouTube is my friend on this one! Then there's quilting which is my top priority for the year. I just want to finish some projects, improve my skills and bust some stash!

Good luck everyone!
                    http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have vowed to not make any resolutions this year! So, now there's nothing to feel guilty about....
                      Peggy
                      ************************************************** *******
                      "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

Comment

I am sort of cheating this year...my resolution is to be more MINDFUL. This could be mindful of what I eat, how I behave, whatever....

It is easy and no one but me will know weather or not I am sticking to my "resolution".

Happy Sewing

Comment

Okay, I have to take back my resolution not to make any resolutions. We just moved into a new place on the 1st and I've been unpacking and unpacking.... you get the idea. I vow not to buy anything else!!! I have so much "stuff" that it is embarrassing. I don't even recognize half of it! No more cookbooks, magazines, nick nacks and other misc. stuff. Of course, since I've just started quilting that is a different story, but I promise not to buy, just to buy!

My resolution for the up-coming year is "less is more". I am going to down-size in every area. I'll be making some hefty donations to Good Will in the upcoming few weeks.

So, that's my final say on this subject!

Happy New Year Everyone!
                          Peggy
                          ************************************************** *******
                          "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

Comment

My resolution is to keep everything in its proper place. No more hunting for things when I need it. Life will be alot more easier and less stressful.

Monika

Comment

I am the type to make a resolution and do really good for the first few months then quit or forget my resolution. I make it an hardly ever complete it.. (maybe because I make it totally unrealistic) therefore I always feel as if I have failed.

So this year I am attempting something a little different. I am going to make little goals that I know I can make. Like I am starting out with eating better and finishing my current quilt projects. Then when that is accomplished then I will try to add more like trying a new quilt pattern out and being more organized and losing weight. I am hoping this way I will not feel as if I have set myself up for falure.

I do have an ongoing resolution/goal that I am trying to achieve... it is to be more christlike and a better all around person. By this I mean being a better mom and wife along with being kind to others and everyone else arond me and in my life. I think that is something that could always use improvement in just about everyone. How great of a place would we live in if everyone was a little nicer?

Good luck to everyone with their goals I hope you all accomplish them. I hope that i do too...lol!

traci
                              ~ traci ~

Comment

Working...
                              X