• Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 5 &6! Feb 6th -13th

I buy new fabric usually for every project
    sigpic
    Kathy Jones

Comment

I try to use from my stash but sometimes that just doesn't work. Congrats ladies!
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I am ashamed to admit that I probably have enough fabric in my stash, not the identical one that Jenny uses though.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I do both. If I see a pattern I like, I will first go into my stash to see what I can use. But there have been times when I have seen a fabric that I really like, and so I will then go looking for a pattern in which to use that fabric. I am a "sucker" for the names of fabric lines. That explains why I have materials in the black and white "Sylvia" line, and also materials from "Silvia's Garden" and "Silvia's Sonnett". I bought the "Lydia" jelly roll to make a quilt for a neighbor's daughter named......Lydia! Right now, I have so many UFO and material for planned projects that I shouldn't have to buy that much material, with the exception of some backing and possibly borders.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I usually pick from my stash, I seem to have a daily deal addiction-I have to look just in case the perfect fabric is waiting for me!

Comment

I usually go to my stash. When I buy fabric, I already have a plan for the future.

Comment

Buy buy buy!

Comment

I have been known to do both; most times when I buy fabric I don't always remember the pattern I bought it for....or when my scraps are getting "aplenty", I figure out always to condense it.
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I don't have enough of a stash yet so I buy but can usually find that I have the fabric for the binding. If it is a small project like a runner I may have what I need in my stash. My LQS is great but doesn't have a large selection of neutrals so I try to keep on hand.
                    Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

Comment

I do both, I usually dig in my stash and then buy what I need. Sometimes I get lucky and some of the fabric is in my stash.

Comment

I stash shop first.
                        Kris :icon_wave:
                        sigpic

Comment

I always say I will use the fabric in my stash, but when I watch one of Jenny's Tutorials I fall in love with her fabric choices and just have to buy that fabric line to make the project. This is actually a very good thing because it allows me to work with colors and styles of fabric prints that I wouldn't have purchased otherwise. I absolutely love Jenny's tutorials and every project that I have made. The tutorials have expanded my fabric and color palette and allowed me to grow and think outside of my previous comfort zone, to try new block patterns and use templates and tools I otherwise wouldn't of had a clue what to do with. Thank you so much! Jenny is like a breath of fresh air to the quilting world!

Comment

I dig in my stash because I have so much to use. It's like my own little fabric shop here. It's fun going through what I have when I find something I forgot I have and even more fun when I can find the perfect piece and color hue.
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Congratulations to emma137 & brook!

I am a little of both, I don't have a large stash but if I have something thy works I will use it. I like to shop for new!!

Comment

I usually make a test block (make it into a place mat or runner) and use fabric from my stash. If I really like the block, I'll buy new fabric. Not always the same pattern or color as Jenny's but just as beautiful.
                                sigpic
                                Keep Calm and Quilt On!
                                Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
                                Paula

Comment

Working...
                                X