This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 27 Jul 15th - 22nd

Yay! Congratulations going out to meemeecyn! While I strive to give you all easily answerable, somewhat quilting related , questions. I love that sometimes you just can't keep the personality out of your answers! So, though generally, unless forced otherwise, there was an almost unanimous cry for buying fabric (And no I do not think purchasing fabric is seasonal ) In your answers I found that we can now coin the phrase "quilter's tan" and our own meemeecyn even mentioned preferring skinny dipping rather than give up new fabric! Haha! I laughed, and grinned, and laughed a little more! So, meemee, 1500 points to you!

Since it's so hot and no one is wanting swimwear we better pump up the free fabric money so this week we're playing for 2000 Quilters Cash Points! Everyone needs to tell Sarah thanks !
    Our question this week Does anyone watch movies under a quilt they've pieced and/or quilted themselves? I sat under one tonight. Aahh, really the greatest feeling I never new I'd have. Watching a movie with my daughter tracing lines in the quilt that I agonized over and now it's just happiness. *sigh*

So, to enter the game just respond below to this weeks question. Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 27 Jul 15th - 22nd

If it's cold in the house, yes, I'll sit with a quilt over me while watching movies. It's way too hot here for that now, although there is a light-weight quilt I made on my bed.

Way to go meemee!
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Just last week with my niece, she was with me for her summer visit, she's 15 and always cold. We cuddled on the sofa under the first rag quilt I made. She lost her mom when she was just 6 yrs old so I always try to make a special memory with her whenever we're together. She ended up telling me about different times she and her friends have used the rag quilts I have made for her. It is a memory I will cherish forever.
      Mary
      A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

I am brand new to quilting! My first experience will be tumbler place mats. I am so excited. I look forward to making my first quilt. I love to have a blanket with me to watch movies with my daughter. I am rarely with out one. What a motivating idea to envision my daughter and I sharing a quilt that was lovingly made with all of the fabrics that speaks to me.

So, unfortunately my answer for now will be no, but I am excited for what is to come! Thanks for a great question!

Comment

Oh Stitchywoman, I would love to snuggle with my grands under a quilt that I made, but seeing that I have only made 4 doll quilts (size 48" x 48") I don't think that I could snuggle under them with my 8 grands even if I sewed them all together. It would be like covering a table with a size 8 sweater!! I hope to remedy this situation very soon. (No, I probably won't lose much weight, but I will make a quilt large enough to snuggle with my grands soon. I'm going to try making the quilt from the tutorial that Jenny did using the Christmas layer cake from Me and My Sister. I still have to find my fabric, but I'll post pics when I finish it.)

Comment

I have several quilts that I've made laid over the back of the sofa. As it's Winter here in Australia, most nights I am pulling them down over myself for that extra bit of warmth and cuddleness....just love that feeling...
            Wendy
            A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
            https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

I do not watch t.v. under a quilt that I have made. I would if I had one! They don't call me the UFO Queen for nothing. I have about 25 quilts started, but not one completed. I keep trying new stuff. Maybe some day I will complete one and experience the joy!

Comment

Congrats, Meemeecyn!

Not yet, I started quilting the one for our living room yesterday, so it will be soon! But my daughter (she's 10) loves to bring her quilt out to the living room to snuggle under during TV time.
                Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Cynthia, congratulations! I'm jealous, but yeah for a NH quilter winning this week!

I have a lap quilt I'll snuggle under when it's cool, which happens a lot here in New Hampshire. So thankful it cools down at night even after a 90+ degree day. So we always have afghans or quilts to snuggle under.
                  When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

In the winter, I like to pull out my t-shirt quilt (flannel backing makes it even warmer) and snuggle on the couch. As soon as my cat sees me, she gets under the quilt too!

Comment

THANKS, SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S, Cynthia!!!!!!!!!!

I don't sit under quilts and watch movies . . . .

Well, I do sit under quilts, but I am not a movie person. I always figured life was too exciting in person and the movies just don't seem real to me. I have to be busy with my hands and can't concentrate on the screen.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Congrats Meemee!!

I do have a lap quilt that I use on the couch when I am cold and watch tv, but at the moment I am in the process of making a queen sized quilt as a Christmas gift. I hand quilt in my bedroom where I have more space so I am ALWAYS under a quilt. Some days it is just sooooo hot but I quilt anyways. Got to get er done.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That's funny Sandy - cause I would have NEVER guessed that about you - yeah right. HAHA!
                          Congratulations Cynthia!
                          I sit under a quilt in the winter watching movies, but normally, it is one I am currently working on - the hand quilting part. One of the kitties sits on top and I'm underneath. I am always trying to throw it off of me though because DH installed small flood lights above my chair so I can see what I'm doing and they get HOT!
                          I do have a small pile of quilts that we grab to snuggle with though if it's been a long day and you just want to veg out and enjoy a movie together.
                          Hugs,
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I don't know when I watched a movie on TV -- and I wouldn't take a quilt to the theater. I do love to lie in the hammock wrapped in a quilt when it's cool, though.
                            Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

Congratulations MeeMeeCyn!! I can't remember the last time there was quiet time to watch a movie. If I snuggled under a quilt I would be fast asleep. Often my grandchildren are at the house and if my only grandson (age 3) is there....the house is absolutely filled with noise. He would much rather use the quilt as a tent than to snuggle with.
                              Susan

Comment

Working...
                              X