This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 32...Yo-yo-YOU

A big congratulations to this weeks winner: Craftyrad. You are the lucky one this week. Email your information and I will ship out your Christmas Charm right away!!

The prize this week is going to be a Yo-yo maker....(extra small size) Those tiny things are the most adorable little yo-yo's ever. And there are so many fun projects you can make with them!

Okay so I want you to describe your best or worst Christmas. (or if that can't think of either, tell us the best gift you ever received for Christmas)

I can't wait to hear what stories you have to tell........

Re: Week 32...Yo-yo-YOU

Wow -- what a surprise to open up this post and find out I'm the winnah!! I'm a Christmas nut, so the charm pack will be such fun.

I think my best Christmas (other than EVERY one when I was a kid) was a few years ago when I thought neither of my children would be home for Christmas and then it turned out that BOTH of them were here. Such a treat!
    Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

I'm not a Christmasy gal...Years ago, I hated it. Now I like it just fine.
      I think each year gets a bit better as I have learned how to manage all the things that NEED to be done. I have also learned not to stress myself out by making too many homemade presents....

Comment

Best Christmas would be the year we finally got to see our families after having lived overseas so long for hubby's military assignment. I was able to bring home a new two month baby to share.

Comment

I love Christmas! I always have and suspect I always will. All 3 of our kids live a long ways away from us now. They are all married and have children. 2 years ago we all spent Christmas together. It was so much fun seeing all the grandkids together. Hooray! we are doing it again this year. I am sure it will be even more fun now that the grandkids are even a little older. I can't wait till next Monday!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Comment

My best Christmas ever was the year my son was born. He had health issues at birth and we were very scared for some time. But by Christmas he was very healthy and we were all able to celebrate and enjoy the spirit of Christmas!

Comment

The best Christmas was when I was about four years old. We had been driving since dawn to get to my grandparents' house. We stopped at a diner along the highway for breakfast because it was really snowing. All of a sudden, a car pulled up on the other side of the road. Santa Claus got out, opened his trunk and moved some packages to the back seat. Then he got back in his car and drove away. (I do remember it was a light blue car) We could hardly believe it! Not only did we see snow, we saw Santa!! I will never forget this most delightful, magical feeling--I'm 55 now, and we continue to remember it when the family gathers for Christmas.

-Cynthia11

Comment

Well there's been so many BEST Christmas stories to tell that I can't pick just one, so I'll tell you the worst.

It was Christmas 2007. I had just had my first child about a month before and was having trouble with the whole "new mom" thing. I was having troubles with nursing and it really stressed me out. On top of that, she was the first grandchild on my husband's side of the family so we had visitors galore (more than a recovering mother really needs) and we were expected to go to all sorts of Christmas parties because everyone wanted to see the new baby (and can you blame them, she's so darn cute!!) So any way, thankfully I was pretty organized and decorated the house BEFORE I gave birth and done most of the Christmas shopping. The down side, I hadn't bought my hubby anything yet and was too exhausted to be creative. So wanna know what I got him? Haa haa I got him new windshield wipers for our car. When I came home from the store I had to take care of my fussy baby and forgot to hide them so he saw them when he walked in,so they weren't even a surprise. Oh and we had to wrap a million presents still so we were up until 3 am on Christmas Eve which equals majorly exhausted on Christmas day. We didn't even want to drive to our parents' house on Christmas because we were so exhausted. THEN... Oh it gets better.... because it's cold a flu season, my 5 week old baby caught a nasty virus from one of her cousins (actually all of the kids in the family caught it) and she had to go to the emergency room and stay in the hospital for 3 days!!!!! I felt so bad for her. So what did I learn from all this? I will never plan to have another baby that close to Christmas ever again. My next baby was born in June so this Christmas he will be 6 months. I know this Christmas will be so much better.

Comment

Congrats CRAFTYRAD!!!!!!!!! Gotta love free stuff.....
                  Michele

Comment

My best Christmas was the first one we had with our son, who was 11 months old. He was born in 1988; my mother had died just before Christmas on '86, my uncle on Christmas day and my dad on March 6 of '87. I had been told I could not have children and for 13 years worked with the senior high kids at our church, making them all "my own". Finding out I was pregnant 3 months after my dad died was truly a gift and celebrating Christmas with him was a blessing. I just wished my parents could have been there too. They would have loved him very much. The last thing my dad said to me was "that you would have been a wonderful mother". I hope I have done them proud.

Our son is now a senior at Western Michigan University majoring in trumpet performance. Every time I hear him perform I imagine my parents listening from on high, with great big smiles on their faces. I hear trumpet music is a real favorite in high places.

A very blessed Christmas to everyone,
                    Wendy

Comment

My worst would be the year that every single gift I received was a kitchen appliance. The topper? A huge box from my husband. Inside was a deep fat fryer and a curly fry cutter for potatoes. After I opened it, he sat back with a self-satisfied smile and said "yep! now you can make me curly fries!"

My response?

Gee. My life is complete.

I imagine it's not a shocking surprise that he is (for many other things) my exhusband now. ;-D

Comment

I can remember the days when we were real little and we would trim the tree with the old ornaments, the tinsel, and old plastic long rope looking thingies (don't know what they called them). My 2 sisters and I could hardly wait for the Sears Christmas book to come in the mail when we would draw a pencil circle around what we wanted with the initial of our first name on it. Somehow Santa would always deliver 1 of the toys we circled. It took a long time before we figured out who Santa really was.

Hugs,
                        quilting trish
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

When I was a kid I got 2 walnuts from my grandfather for Christmas. I thought to myself "this is the worst Christmas ever!" I should have expected as much, since my grandpa is known for doing crazy stuff like that. So I went home with my walnuts and, feeling ripped off, almost through them out. Luckily my dad stopped me and encouraged me to crack them open. It turned out that inside each one was a $50 bill! The man had taken a fine saw, cut them open along the seams, put the money in and glued them back together! It turned out to be one of the best Christmases ever!
                          "A smile is the most inexpensive way to improve your looks."

Comment

Now, this is a funny little memory: When my cousin and I were 9 or 10, we spent Christmas with my Mom at a great aunt and uncle's home. They did not have children of their own but made many summers very special for us nieces. I can't remember the exact circumstances now, but the time to open presents kept getting bumped out, and out, and OUT by our uncle. At first, we planned to open them Christmas Eve. We were so excited and all the beautiful lights just added to the anticipation. I think he decided it was too late after dinner, so they bumped it to Christmas morning. Don't remember why, but then our uncle moved it to lunchtime......then before dinner.......then after dinner. It was quite late Christmas evening when the magical moment finally arrived. My cousin and I were fit to be tied! I don't know if we learned patience that year, but at least for a while, Uncle John was NOT our favorite relative!

Comment

I have some sad ones .. daddy died just before christmas - 21 years ago. Mom was hospitalized Thanksgiving and through Christmas and died in January - 2 years ago.
                              Several years ago, my grown kids were encouraged to invite lonely friends home for Christmas, I Idecorated and cooked and shopped - all while working full time of course - every included guest had a gift of nice socks to open .. and not one of my kids or family had given me a present. Grandson, about 9, finally asked where my presents were -I was sort of at a loss and on the edge of tears. But I was given Grace, I smiled and said Well having all of you here with me today is my present. And having said it made it true.. it wasn't about me, it was about sharing the love of Christ with a whole lot of people who didn't know him.
                              Yeah, it was hard knowing that none had thought to gift me, but it has never happened again. I don't need anything, my wants list is short .. makes it hard for them! But I believe they all learned something that day, too.
                              If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Working...
                              X