This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 26 Jul 9th - 15th

Congratulations to [email protected]! Random.org chose you to win the 1500 Quilters Cash Points from last weeks giveaway!

As the summer burns us up hop on the band wagon and join us this week as we giveaway another 1500 points! I love summer! Of course the summer as hot as it is also means water! Lakes, pools, oceans, rivers, sprinklers, usually however we can find it! My question today are you more likely to buy new swimwear or new fabric this year?

Ready to enjoy the Sizzlin' Summer Giveaway with me?

To participate in this weeks giveaway just click respond and tell us what you think, and "Tada!" you'll be entered!

To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 26 Jul 9th - 15th

Gave up swimwear years ago, FABRIC all the way.

Comment

Congrats forhunt!

I bought a cheap tankini top to go with an old bottom that still kinda fits. LOL....the top is bigger, looser and longer! I went cheap all the way so I could spend $$ on fabric instead. Gone are the $100 swimwear days!! I would rather be sewing in the AC!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I have to agree with the other ladies so far - who wants to spend over $100 on a swimsuit, when you can spend it on fabric!!! That will almost make an entire king quilt, especially with summer deals and the "deal of the day". There's no contest!

Comment

Wrong shape for swimwear! Fabric all the way!!
          my blog: http://craft-e-place.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I don't do much swimming anymore. I've had 3 surgeries in my left ear in the past 1 1/2 years and I'm scared to death to do anything to it like immerse it in water. So for me, fabric, no question about it.
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congratulations to [email protected]!

I have not purchased a new bathing suit for several years. But that is about to change as I have joined a class for power walking in the pool and need to have more than one suit. I will definitely purchase a suit and not fabric. Too much work to sew a suit for someone my size and shape LOL
              Nancy Wilkins
              My Blog
              My Pinterest
              My Etsy Store

Comment

No swimmin here! Can't look at myself in a swimsuit and don't want anyone else to see that horror picture!!!! :O :O
                Sewing in the ac is much safer than a beached wale in the pool!!!!!
                Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                :lol:

Comment

Swimwear for me would be a very POOR investment....fabric on the other hand is always a good investment!!!! Fabric gets my vote!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Fabric. Too much of a chance out here in the desert of getting sunburned while swimming. Plus, I really don't want to make everyone go blind ...
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Well, I agree with the majority here I guess, I much prefer being in the house and the ac rather than out baking and burning!!!! So fabric it is for me too.

Comment

Definitely fabric!!

Because of Lupus, I can't be in the sun for any length of time, so there are no beaches or pools for me! Besides....you know when you go to the beach and you see THAT woman, the one that has no business in a swimsuit, the one you look at your husband and say..."Do I look that bad?" ....yeah, thats me!! lol)
                        ~Mary
                        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Oh my, I gave up bathing suits when I moved from Florida 20 years ago. I also gave up worrying about how I would look in one along the way.I can still remember the day my backside dropped and I have been dragging it behind ever since. Middle age has a way of doing that - at least to me. I am into fun and fun is spending money on fabric.
                          Kudos to scrappycat for power walking.
                          Congrats to forhunt ! Enjoy!!

Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I am also with the majority here. Fabric for me. I have a couple of swimsuits stashed away in case I ever go swimming - I'm thinking more like water aerobics! Fabric is a better value!!!
                            Jo :icon_wave:

Comment

Congratulations Forhunt !
                              Don't even have to think about it. I vote for spending money on FABRIC !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X