This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 30 What's on your mind?

This weeks winner is Candela59! Congratulations! Email me your info and I will ship out your charm pack to you asap!

This week has been HECTIC for me! (sorry about this being a little late) ops: We had a lovely holiday and time got away from me. So, this week I am going to give away a pattern from This and That called Flower Patch. (it is a cute bag pattern)

All I want to know is....What is on your mind RIGHT NOW? Are you happy and caught up with everything? Overwhelmed and stressed beyond belief? Are you happy to be stressed? Or just getting by? Me...I am little bit of everything I suppose! (not really ready for anything, but not to stressed about it either!) Haha! Maybe I am losing it.....Hmmm.

Re: Week 30 What's on your mind?

Congrats to Candela59!

What's on my mind? I guess contentment... My house is still pretty straight from Thanksgiving, my sister and b-i-l are coming for a visit in 2 weeks, and life is good! I am working on a quilt for her, and although I seriously doubt I can finish it, it is still fun working toward a goal!

Comment

I am quite content. Thanksgiving was pretty boring at the inlaws this year, but I survived. I didn't go shopping on Friday because I am already done shopping for my 4 kids. This has never happened. It felt great to sleep in and eat breakfast with my family. I am also not stressed about Christmas coming because I started making presents back in August and I only have 1 more to go. No worries for me

Comment

Hello, What's on my mind?...
        Well, it has been a crazy holiday season already. I am a crocheter who is becoming a first time quilter so, I have been finishing crochet projects left and right before I start my first quilt. I am so excited but scared all at the same time. I have just finished 4 projects for Christmas and have 5 more to finish with just a little time left...I am crazy for taking on sooo much. :mrgreen:
        But, that's the way I am. Anyway, as soon as the crochet projects are finished in the next couple of weeks I am going to town on the quilting. I have already bought some of the fabic and have all the other accessorities ready.
        I was so happy to find your tutorials on Youtube. I have been watching them every chance I get. Thank you for all the work you do. Have a great holiday season.

Jess from Weirton,WV

Comment

I'm heading into my last couple of weeks of the semester. I needed to write 3 essay/papers today and only did 2, which means tomorrow just got busier. And I really need to go to bed... *sigh* Next week will be better.

Comment

I am currently looking for baby quilt patterns and cute fabrics because my husband and I officially started trying for baby #2! So needless to say I am uber excited!

Comment

Geeze, I'd say a real mixture of feelings. I have done zero Christmas shopping/gift making. So I am semi-stressed out but my daughter comes home from college in 17 days and she gets over a month off for the break so I am thrilled about that!
              See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

Here I sit in my sewing room trying to finish up a quilt I am making my husband for christmas.... I am so excited that is is almost finished,so it will be ready for him.....very thankful I am able to do this and he has no clue what I am making....he thinks I am in here sewing for Linus....so it will be a complete surprise !!!

Comment

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is quilting/crafting up to the last minute.
                  I'm working on a cute quilted snowman advent calendar I bought a few years ago. I'm also working on 3 I SPY's for my kids for Christmas. I've collected special clothing from their growing up years and finally have all but about 4 blocks done before I can sew the rows together. That's what I'm working on today. Each of their quilts are geared specifically to them with patches from bibs, clothing, sports, interests, etc. Looks like they'll turn into sizes slightly smaller than a twin bed size, so they aren't to be used as a bed quilt.

I am slightly anxious about this Christmas. My 2nd son (20) is going into the Marines on May 24th and it may be the last year for us to be all together for awhile. The house will be decorated probably next weekend. My oldest is 21 and who knows when he will decide to move out. I am enjoying their comings and goings because I know too soon, it will be very quiet around here. My youngest (daughter) is 15 so soon she'll be on her way too.

This coming Saturday I get to attend a small guild quilt show and I'm hoping to pick up a few quilty items as gifts there. I also have a cookie order in at school where I work that I'll present as gifts to neighbors. The home-ec room sells them for $2. a dozen and somehow makes quite a bit of money on it and then donates the proceeds to a local charity. I have 17 dozen coming so I'll have enough to share the goodies!

Hope all have a great day!

Hugs,
                  quilting trish
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Yay for Candela!

We have a total of 4 gifts that we give at Christmas...our two daughters, one son-in-law and my husband's parents. They all get cash or gift cards and everyone likes it this way. It's so different from when the girls were small and there was much toy buying and name exchanges with cousins. So, I don't have to worry about gifts
                    Decorating is a problem this year as our kitchen/dining/living rooms are all out of place due to remodeling. Where do I put the tree? I'll get it figured out this week in the midst of painting walls and building storage shelves in the basement :?
                    Our #2 daughter and husband will be with us for a few days in the middle of December so we're looking forward to that as it will be our Christmas time with them. I'd like to take a day and have a candy making session which is kind of a tradition with us.
                    So, lots to do but none of it is sewing but I still manage to sneak it in once in a while.
                    http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Enjoying having my daughter home from CA for a few days. She goes back today, so THEN I'll start to panic about Christmas. As usual, I'm way behind -- it catches me by surprise every year, but I always ALMOST make the deadline, with only a few things undone.
                      Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

What's on my mind? Do you really want to know?

No holiday stress here...After many years of retail under my belt, I know that it will be what it will be and that it's not worth stressing out. With hubby back working after some medical leave (hand surgeries), I just need a bit more faith that things will be okay. I'm ready to put this year behind me and start anew. As for what's on my mind for sewing... I'm doing okay. Working on try #2 for a gift quilt. Yesterday I became one with my seam ripper. ops:

If I keep focused I'll be okay. I may use one project as a teaching tool for one recipient. Doing quilts for my nieces. One of my nieces wants to learn to quilt, so I may use her quilt as a teaching tool and we'll do it together. Kind of like the blind leading the blind... I'm a beginner, too!
                        "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

I am trying to find the joy in Christmas and not letting everything get overwhelming. I have learned to shop in November and stay out of the stores in December....it's easier. I am also working on taking things one day at a time...it has made things easier and I have finally found contentment. Having older children really takes off some of the stress. Best yet, I have learned that sewing is like therapy for me so sew I am.

Comment

Congrats Candela59!!!!

Now what's on my mind. Well to start with I'm stressed a little because I still have 9 quilts to bind before the 19th of December. I do this to myself every year. I try and come with some special gift for my husbands aunts for Christmas and there is 10 including my mother-in-law and this year I am doing quilts (not small ones at least twin size) for Christmas. I have my daughter and her two boys 19 months and 2 month old living with us still. Everytime I go to sew the 19 month old is always wanting to get in my lap and help me. But then again it wouldn't be the holidays if I didn't have a little stress going on. I haven't even begun to shop for anyone else. Lynne Leavell

Comment

Recently, I have been trying to think of a way to do the gift-giving slightly different this year. On Black Friday, I noticed so many wonderful bargains in a local department store that I was able to purchase almost everything for the 10 family members on my list. That took off a lot of stress and multiple shopping trips. Now I am
                              multi-tasking, at least in my mind, deciding what to do first: put up the tree, prepare my Christmas cards, or start wrapping/mailing some of the purchased gifts. As a previous poster mentioned, it always comes together in the nick of time. Is that St. Nick? I learned that I started too late to make Christmas-themed quilts this year for the grandkids. I know there is a month more of time, but I don't do that to myself, those days will fill up too quickly.
                              Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas season.

Comment

Working...
                              X