This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 21 - May 28th - Jun 3rd

Congratulations to JVO! Today Random.org was my daughter and she chose #62 to win the 500 Quilters Cash Points and that's you! Congrats! Congrats on having the guts to sew with those curvy seams! JVO said she just finished one and I went looking in her photo album and it looks like not only did she finish one but she shared it! So just guessing but go look at JVO's beautiful and curvy baby blanket and say congrats for her amazing skills!

Today lets talk color. I know favorites are subjective but tell me a favorite color. You can tell me why if you like. Favorite color for sewing, favorite for wearing, favorite for decorating, collecting (fabric of course ), artwork, yardwork, or for your kids. So doesn't matter just tell me a color that you are quite taken with for the moment and if you feel up to it I love to read the whys!

Summer giveaway updates *** hehe not much extra for you this time but I'm excited!

By the way
    ***500 points is the equivalent of $5.00 so playing along even on the standard points weeks gets you free shipping! As the points go up... Bonus!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 21 - May 28th - Jun 3rd

Congrats to JVO! There are so many colors that are beautiful, how to pick just one??? Usually it depends upon the quilt that I am working on. Seems like red shows up quite a bit in mine.
    Susan

Comment

Congrats to JVO.

I'd have to say my all time favorite is blue. However I use most colors in quilting.
      K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Susan, I agree, so many wonderful colors! Quite honestly, I love nearly every color. Orange is my least favorite but lately I've even seen it used where it wasn't "too bad"!! When the grandkids ask my favorite color, I say pink. But please, NO pink on the outside of houses; that's totally not for me.

Comment

Congrats JVO, have fun spending. My favorite color has to be all shades of blue. I am thinging of doing an all blue bed quilt for our bed here. It is also my DH's favorite. Early in our marriage I found out he had no fashion sense. He came out of the bedroom dresses to go out in a pair of turquoise shorts and a grey blue shirt. His response was that they were both blue and didn't see the problem. He has gotten much better in the last 29 years.
          Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl:icon_wave:

Comment

I just asked my husband what color did he think I liked the most. "Every color there is" he answered. And he is right! I really have no favorites. Circumstances makes me use one before the other, but each has a special place in my heart.
            GlendaSue
            I hope to outlive my stash.

Comment

That's Easy! I am a purple fan since FOREVER!!! Any shade, tint, tone or hue of purple is my total favorite.

Comment

Congrats JVO

RED...RED....RED. I just love Red...lol. I don't know why for sure but it has an energy about it and it reminds me of Christmas . Also I am fond of orange. Reminds me of Fall and all the leaves changing colors.
                :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Congratulations JVO! My favorite color is any shade of red (pink through maroon).

Comment

Congrats JVO.. i love red and black.. i use and have black on everything.

Comment

I can't name a single favorite....I just love colors. I like bright happy shades like red, bright blue, grassy green, yellow.....kind of the colors of a primary box of Crayons. Cheerful! (this could be why I have a closet full of clothes and nothing that goes together....and a huge stash!!!)

Comment

WOW, I can't believe I won something!!! Too cool, can't wait to go shopping!

Fav color, I love blue, not sure why. I can see a blue & yellow quilt and I want to make it.
                        JVO

Comment

I love RED. I have it on walls, I wear it, I put it on my lips and my toes. I used to drive it, when I had a car. I love RED.

Comment

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S: JVO!!

I am a color lover! My very, very favorite is RED - but pure red. Don't lean to the blue side and definitely DON'T lighten it up. I truly dislike PINK. Do, however, tolerate purples but they must be the right shade. I wear a lot of red, and gravitate to the oranges and yellows, but nothing pastel. Must be bright and pure.

I lean toward autumn colors if I choose something for bedding. Our bedroom and bathroom are autumn-y.

I love plaids and stripes but don't do flowery or polka dots. No ivory or lace for me. Make it rugged and woodsy.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I love anything in the hot pink range. We have just finishd with the azleas blooming and with a yard full of formosa blooms, I have been seeing pink for a month or so. Still love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X