This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 15 Apr 11th - 18th

Congratulations to gerry10! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points! With your lime, black, and white, color combo I can see lots of bright, sharp, inspiring quilts coming your way!

This week tell me a quilt block you've never made! Bonus points if it's a basic block you've just never gotten around to.

I want to see the real lives of you quilters! None of us have done everything, right! Right? Oh, please tell me I'm not alone Okay, I'll start. A basic block I've never tried before is the churn dash. I know, I know! With my mom's easy methods I should have a dozen of them sitting on my couch right now but I've just never gotten around to it. Maybe someday.

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 15 Apr 11th - 18th

congrats Gerry10!
    I have never tried a dresden.....i really want to but it seems so daunting to me. I just haven't taken the plunge. 8)
    :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Congrats Gerry10!!! I have never made a fence rail block!! I want too, but have yet to get around to it. I know it's sad, but hoping to complete one in the future!!

Comment

I've never done a log cabin block--a shame because I think that they are so pretty!

Congratulations Gerry10.
        Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

congrats gerry! i have never made a basket block
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Congratulations Gerry,
            I want to make a dresden plate so bad, I even bought Easter fabric so I could make a table topper.
            Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

I have never made a Log Cabin Block.
              Donna

Comment

A standard 9 patch and a log cabin. The last 9 patch ended up disappearing. A log cabin seems simple enough, but I just haven't gotten to one yet.
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

This isn't a basic block, but I want to make the disappearing pinwheel, Had to finish other projects first.
                  :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Congratulations Gerry, I would like to try Wedding Ring or Flower Pot

Comment

Just one? There are way too many. Instead, I'll mention what's been on my mind lately -- figuring out how to set blocks on point. I'm going to tackle that tomorrow. I have to get over my fear of points and triangles. Then I can tackle the many, many blocks I've never tried.

Comment

Sew so many I have never tried yet.....and no good reason either, just lots of lame excuses!
                        Log Cabin, Fence Rail, Pine Burr.......HaHa!!!!
                        ~Kathy~

Comment

I never tried a log cabin or court steps...I have a great pattern book, just haven't had enough time!
                          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I want to and plan to make the feathered star. Eleanor Burns is currently working on a mystery quilt and the big reveal is a gorgeous quilt with a center feathered star block. When I viewed the video I was so excited since I've been planning this quilt for a while now. I'm sure her method will be easier than the one I originally selected, so I'll be patient and wait for her to come out with the book on how to make this quilt. There are lots of basic blocks I have yet to try. One that has had lots of discussion here on the Forum is the hexagon block. Haven't made that one yet. I have a lifetime of basic blocks. This is one hobby that never gets boring since there is always something new to try.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Congrats Gerry, i would realy love to do a nine block but havnt got the bravery to try it ... Wish i was brave enough

Comment

Working...
                              X