This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 28...Thanksgiving FOOD!!

I loved hearing your opinions about Batiks. So, a big congratulations to this weeks winner: Funkiquilter! Email me your info and I will send out that Sand and Surf Charm pack asap!

This week we'll be giving away a Twilight Pattern by This and That. (it is an adorable table topper!) Perfect to make as a gift for someone!

This week, since Thanksgiving is around the corner,I want to know what you look forward to the most about that Holiday. What is your favorite dish to prepare, or eat? What is it that makes this Holiday special for you?

I can't wait.....tell me!

Re: Week 28...Thanksgiving FOOD!!

Congrats!!

This particular holiday (Thanksgiving anyway) is extra special because we are going home for the first time in 7 years to spend it with our families. We are loading up the kids and heading out the weekend before and we're gonna be in Philadelphia for the whole week...we can't wait!!!
    Michele

Comment

WOW, THANK YOU!!! I never win anything. :shock: My husband is lucky, but I am not. He tells me "If you didn't have bad luck, you would have no luck at all." I almost walked under a ladder yesterday by accident. Glad I looked up and saw it in time to go around it. It paid off.

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is obviously the extra time I get to spend with my family. My kids are off school and my husband takes the week off work. My 13-year-old daughter is looking forward to making some large pillows for her bedroom during the break. We got some really soft fuzzy fabric to use for them. She is looking forward to using my new machine.
      :twisted: I am not going to let her sew over pins on it like the home-ec teacher at her school tells the kids they can do. I could strangle the teacher for teaching them that! :twisted:
      My 7-year-old and I will be stuffing her new Bobby Jack stuffed monkey kit and making a small quilt for it. I think we will also dig in my stash and find some small red fabric to give it a heart like those build-a-bear bears have in them.

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the fact that it is my holiday off from cooking. We share dinners in our families and I don't have to cook for this holiday. I just have to take a dessert. Dessert is my favorite thing to make anyway. I am not sure what they want yet. My favorite thing to eat is homemade macaroni and cheese. Has been ever since I was a kid. It never gets old. Oh, I love dessert too. ops:
      My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

Definitely, the best part of the holidays is spending time with my daughter and granddaughter. Since my husband took a couple of extra days off for Thanksgiving, we will get to be with them the entire week (if I can stand being around my son-in-law that long). For the last several years, my daughter has done most of the cooking, which I kind of enjoy. I guess the best part of the meal is pumpkin pie and my son-in-law wants me to make homemade cinnamon rolls while I am there. I enjoy baking bread and any dessert. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Comment

I love Thanksgiving, it is more about family than about the presents and it is my favorite holiday.

When I married into my Italian husband's family almost 30 years ago, my concept of Thanksgiving dinner changed. There were SO many courses, stuffed shrimp, stuffed mushrooms and olives, stuffed artichokes, ravioli, meatballs, sausages, AND turkey mashed potatoes , vegetables, stuffing (made with fried potatoes, onions and hamburger), Italian cookies, canoli, pastries........ we could have fed 75 people!!

My favorite is always the turkey....just something about it on Thanksgiving, its SO yummy

SheilaC

Comment

I most look forward to being with family. My favorite meal is traditional turkey, stuffing and gravy. This year we are going to make greeting cards together after dinner.

Comment

The turkey and all the trimmings - my daughter (20) loves it, so it makes it fun to cook for everyone.

Comment

The best thing has got to be my Mom's apple pie. It's the BEST pie I've ever had. It's even better that the pie from the Big Apple - a famous apple pie store off the highway here in Ontario. They have this HUGE apple about 2 stories high and they sell thousands and thousands of pies, but my Mom's are better. One thanksgiving she didn't make it and I was heart broken, especially since I was pregnant and craving it. Any way, I better get the recipe and learn how to make it so I can enjoy it for years to come.

Comment

SheilaC,

all that food sounds so good. You're making me hungry!

Comment

My favorite Thanksgiving food besides the turkey is Sweet Potatoes loaded with marshmallows. We don't have to go far to be with everyone. My husband family all within a 6 mile radious and we get together at my mother-in-laws who is only a half a mile from us. Then afterwards those that want to play cards will.

Usually my husband goes hunting for the weekend and this weekend I'm having a quilt binding party. I'm giving quilts to his aunts for Christmas. So I have 9 quilts to put bindings on. I already have 2 completely done and I need Eight more. Yea I've done 11 quilts since February.

Anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and everyone is well. Lynne Leavell

Comment

Well this is my first day on here, so I may as well jump in. Thanksgiving is good all my in-laws usually get together at someone's home (usually mine) to have dinner and take pictures. It is usually a pot luck also as some are picky eaters and bring something they know they will eat. So,lots of food. All our children are scattered all over the US so we support each other.
                      My favorite dishes are Stuffing and Sweet potato Cassarole and my husbands gravy.Everyone in the family loves his gravy. yummm. can't wait.....

Comment

Love that mince pie!! My favorite breakfast of the year is a piece of cold mince pie the day after Thanksgiving after I come back from the early shopping.
                        Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

Thanksgiving has not always been as special as it has become in the last few years since I moved into a community of the friendliest people anyone could ever want to meet!! Most of us are away from extended families and (or) widows, so we all make the biggest deal we can for all the major holidays!!
                          Thanksgiving will be at Mary's house and she will fix a big turkey and most all of the trimmings....the rest of us will bring somethig to add to the meal (as if anything else would be needed!!).
                          While the food is really, really good, it is vastly surpassed by the company!!! Good friends --eating- visiting- eating-walking around the block to make room for more eating- visiting-eating!!!!
                          Thanksgiving now has a special place in my heart!!
                          Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
                          Susan

Comment

I honestly like to cook the turkey and stuff it. I love the smell it makes in the house. I put it in the oven the night before and we wake to a Great smell. This year I will have my grandchildren the three days before because their mother is working and they are out of school. I can hardly wait to bake with them like I always did with my own. I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for.

Comment

The absolute best part of Thanksgiving is family coming together. I love it when I get to share the table and food with my children and grandchildren. Next to that, I love turkey, but, I love my stuffing better. I use chicken gizzards along with a bunch of other seasoning to make my stuffing, and the family loves it!

Comment

Working...
                              X