X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom23
    replied
    Re: Giveaway Week 9 March 1st - 7th

I have never had the pleasure of going house hunting but I think a house would look much more appealing if there were touches of comfort throughout. There is something about a quilt that just brings comfort to me!

Leave a comment:

• Alana
    replied

You put a lot of time and effort into making quilts of any kind. Display them where ever you can. They make the home look and feel loved and inviting.

Leave a comment:

• Honeybee
    replied

Sew much fabric - sew little time

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Having just bought a house myself, I can honestly say that it didn't matter to me one way or the other. I have no problem looking past whatever the owners have/don't have and seeing my things in a space. I think quilts would definitely be a nice addition.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

wasn't this last weeks question?

Leave a comment:

• Panda
    replied

Congratulations Nell!!!
    Have one room, maybe a bedroom, all set up as a sewing room.

Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Kathy M Boice
    replied

Display your quilts around the house to give a warm cozy feel. Use small ones for table toppers, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    replied

I've been looking at this question all week and to be honest....I got nuthin'

Leave a comment:

• yvcienski
    replied

definitely hang a seasonal wall hanging and quilt draped on the sofa! Good Luck! My first post to a forum!

Leave a comment:

• goonybird
    replied

Not a whole lot of furniture, but the pieces you have, use quilts on them! Quilted table runners, bed runners, wallhangings, placemats, mug rugs, floor rugs, curtains, etc....

Leave a comment:

• craftyrad
    replied

Maybe one or two quilts folded at the bottom of beds, but try to unclutter as much as possible -- makes rooms look larger and easier for buyers to envision their own furnishings.

Leave a comment:

• knitandtink
    replied

We had to remove all personal items when we listed our house -- photos, handmade items, framed licenses, etc. The realtors always say "less is more" and they like things neutral, minimal, and easy for a potential buyer to believe it is perfect without a lot of re-do work. I think a minimum of quilted items would be okay -- if they look like a focal color point in the room or are so obscure they blend into it without notice. Now that we are in our new house I have quilts and fabrics and stuff everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Pam in KY
    replied

Quilts of course will make your house homey, but when it comes to closets, don't have them crammed with stuff. Anything in there should be neat, orderly and packed fairly loosely. If they're jammed full to the point of bursting, the prospective buyers will relate that with 'not much storage space' and go elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Neva
    replied

If the few things come with the house, then I say let them see! Otherwise, it is all moved out or still living there with all your stuff for me. If I see a house with a dozen random things in it, I assume those "treasures" are now the buyers. Happy moving!!

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

It seems that Realtors want all of your personal things gone when they are trying to sell a house. Even if you are still living there they want everything but the basics left in place; the "less is more" look I guess. The "staging" thing seems to be quite popular these days. Some of it I can go along with, but I think in some cases they overdo it.
    Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a few quilts around the house if I was buying: maybe one at the foot of a bed or several displayed on a quilt rack or one thrown casually over a chair or sofa. A totally empty house does make rooms seem larger, but I would agree with getting rid of all the clutter and extra things in a room.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X