This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 9 March 1st - 7th

I like to put a quilt throw casually over the back of a chair or sofa. Looks cozy. Best of luck on your move!

Comment

Ditto to what some others said - less is more. Remove as much furniture as possible, leaving only basics in each room (i.e. bedroom would have bed, side table, lamp, maybe a small dresser. Makes the rooms look big and airy, not cramped. Once you do that, the quilts will really add to the look because the focus will be on them, not on any clutter that may become the focal point! I hope you get an awesome quilting room in your new home!!

Comment

Congrats to nell!

I think displaying quilts always makes a home look welcoming. Placing some on a quilt rack, over the back of a chair and of course on the beds Even bed runners would be nice. A wall hanging here or there would be nice too!
        Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I think quilts make a home. I've been been a fan of the modern, sterile look. I know realtors tell you to de-personalize your space to sell it, but I think having quilts on the beds, couches, chairs etc make it look cozy & inviting.
          If you take down family photos put a wallhanging up instead. :-)
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Good luck and I agree with Karen...I prefer to walk through envisioning my things placed in the rooms.
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I truly believe quilts are an art form and when displayed create a dramatic background for living everyday.
              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

It is always a wonderful homey touch. I love looking at pictures of homes for sale that have quilts of the beds. Personally, I would also throw one across the back of the couch or a rocking chair.
                Jenni :icon_wave: :icon_evil:

Comment

Congratulations to Nell!!!
                  I think quilts make the home look more appealing...I am definitely a country style person, so having items you have made would be a selling point for me...
                  Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I would like the look of a house with quilts all around but they might make someone else ( who has bad taste) not like it
                    :icon_rolleyes:There are 3 kinds of men
                    The one who learns by reading
                    The few who learn by observation
                    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence themselves
                    Will Rogers
                    :icon_shake:

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. Harry S Truman
                    :icon_shake:

Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction.
                    :icon_giggle:

Comment

I think that quilts would look good on beds and maybe as a throw on a couch, but I'd avoid wall hangings as I think it will narrow your audience.

Comment

I agree with the others. Hang quilts, spread them out, drape them. I bet everyone is happy to have you coming back home.
                        Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
                        http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

I watch a lot of HGTV and they say you should remove personal items. The decor should not be very specific. The new potential home-owner needs to be able to imagine themselves in the home, not imagine you living in the home. That said, I think a quilt at the foot of the bed might be a nice touch. Good luck with the sale of your home and with the move.

Comment

Better to have the smell of fresh bread or chocolate chip cookies in the house. Make it as clutter free as possible.

Comment

Good wishes for your move!! I too am in the process of moving out of state (I'm heading to the beach!) and while most of my house is packed up and ready to go in a few weeks, I have left my wall quilts up for now and a few scattered around on the furniture. I keep getting such nice comments on them, I think prospective buyers like seeing them - it gives the house (which is getting quite empty of other things) a homey touch. So I say, leave a few around. I think buyers like seeing them!
                              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I moved from Florida to Tennessee in 2009 when the home market was really horrible in Florida. My advice is neutrals that will appeal to everyone. Neutral not meaning color, but muted ones. Nothing screams "Let's go to the next house" to a potential buyer then a purple octopus quilt on hot pink walls! I did display a quilt on the wall above the bed (I had put the headboard already in my Pod) and I had a large deck in the backyard with built in benches that a smaller quilt was displayed with a tray of lemon aide near it. Don't overdue decorating with your magnificant quilts, but do display a few. Perhaps one a lap quilt on a comfy chair with a book? Just keep in mind, "Simple Sells!" People want to imagine their stuff in your house. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X