This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 9 March 1st - 7th

I love the smell of fresh baked bread or cinnamon anything......try a large pot of homemade applesauce with cinnamon.....or bake some cookies prior to showing. Remove all clutter, but leave the touches that spell comfort...including some quilts. No personal pictures or weird things. I am sure you will have a successful home sale, if the house is spotless and neat!

Comment

Quilts would be nice, so would freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! Just keep some pre-made dough (or frozen homemade balls) on hand and bake some up before a showing. It would also help to turn all the lights on and open up all the blinds. Good luck!

Comment

Congrats Nell!

I think a couple of strategically placed quilts (not overdone) draped over the back of a chair help make a home look cozy. Make sure to pull up the blinds to let all of the natural light in, turn on the lights and go for it! I too have heard about baking chocolate chip cookies right beforehand.

Comment

I think leaving a few quilts out give a house a feeling of home.

Comment

Congrats Nell!!
            I would definitely leave quilts around...and hanging on the walls....and table runners and pillows...anything you can to lively up the place and make it look comfortable and cozy! I would want to buy it!!
            :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

I love having quilts draped over a chair, a extra besides the bed quilt folded at the end of the bed. Gives the warmth and invitation, come in. sit awhile
              Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

I would absolutely have quilts in the house for showing. A beautiful quilt on the couch or a chair ready for snuggling, another on each bed either as a spread or just draped across the foot of the bed for an extra chilly night. Sounds like so many great minds think alike with the fresh baked bread/cookies/pie scent in the house. I've also heard accounts of burying a statue of St. Joseph in the back yard speeding up the selling process. Good luck!
                Renee

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle ~ Plato:)

Comment

i would def. have some quilts hanging in rooms and on the foot of the bed if not covering the beds.i would have a quilt over each couch or chair. i agree with the others that a quilt makes the house seem more homey.good luck on your sale and your move.
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Simplicity is great when showing a house. One of the best ways to do that is to have a beautiful quilt on a bed with very little other items in the room. I still remember houses that looked at years ago. One of them was decorated simple Victorian. The master bedroom had a dresser, chest drawers and a bed with a beautiful quilt. The room was so warm and inviting.

Comment

My friend just move recently and the Realtor had them take everything off their walls and they were encouraged to paint them. Their home was pretty bare when they started showing the house and it sold in a week. I think the emptiness of it gave the house a clean look.
                      :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

piano movers.jpgI agree with so many others here....less is more. Remove as much as you can so that potential buyers can imagine their own things in there. If possible, hide, remove or disguise 4 legged fur baby litter boxes & feed/H20 bowls. (Some people are allergic to pet hair). Maybe a quilt on the bed... let in lotsa light....aromas of fresh baked goodies...but be careful with scents - lots of people are allergic to strong fragrances... When I moved, my realtor told me to pretend that I was a buyer. I should walk thru each room looking for things I would change or fix myself. Making sure rugs weren't going to slip or trip me...stuff like that.
                        good luck with your move!

Comment

Well done Nell

Quilts on the wall in the Rumpus Room (my craft & sewing room). A nice one on the beds and maybe the table laid and a set of matching placemats? Lap quilt on the sofa too. This would be MY choice but the estate agents generally like tables clear and as little as possible on the wall.

The new owner needs to see an empty space and picture THEIR belongings in place and not be distracted by other people's choices (which can be sooooo different) Cosy or homely for one person is cluttered for another!
                          Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

I made the jelly roll race quilt top and then cut it up and used it as a fabric .
                            Have a Sewonderful Day,
                            Mary T.

Comment

Congrats to Nell

Definitely quilted table runners and quilts on the beds. Maybe a quilt wall hanging or two, just enough to convey that homeyness that buyers love.

Comment

To clean or to quilt - that is the question!

Comment

Working...
                                X