This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 9 March 1st - 7th

Congrats to nell! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points! What are you gonna do? Shopping!!! Yay!

Shopping sounds so fun! So much more fun than packing! That's what I've been doing this week. I'm offically putting my house on the market and prepping for a move back home to Hamilton, MO! I'm super excited for that but not so much for the packing. So here's what I'm wondering... do you like a house better if it has a few things left in it... like say quilts? Maybe I could lay quilts all over the furniture and across the front yard! That would totally sell it, right?!
    This week I could use some ideas. With so many quilts, tell me your quilty ideas to increase my home appeal to the average "quilty" Joe.

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the topor bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get oneentry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selectionin about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one yourway!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 9 March 1st - 7th

Awwwww! You're moving? So, you're coming back to Missouri and I'm going to Arkansas? Happy for you and I totally get not wanting to pack! that's what my DH and I have doing for the past two weekends to de-clutter the house for pics to be taken so we can get the house on the market, too! The realotor had to cancel today, due to the ice storm!
    Should anything be left in a house (whether it is to purchase or rent), I like shelves and lots of storage options. and should there be quilts....yay for me to have more treasures!
    And should you have table runners, wall hangings? Show them off and make your home warm and comfy!
    Last edited by shermur; March 2, 2014, 09:53 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

For me - I think quilts always make a home look more cozy, warm and inviting. I get lots of compliments on how my quilts look hanging in some of my rooms - there are only a few as I've only made a few quilts. I would put my quilts everywhere in the house, folded, spread on a bed or chair and some hung up on the wall to add a little color. I wouldn't be surprised if someone asked if the quilts go with the sale of the house!
      sigpicCarolyn

Comment

I agree - I would put some here and there, I think it makes a home look more inviting. Good luck on your move.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I agree with Carolyn and Sherri; quilts had so much warmth and color. I would hang a few wall hangings, have a few on a quilt rack, anywhere I could find a place!
          Judy :icon_wave:
          Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Comment

Congratulations Nell!

I think quilts on display might make the rooms look more homey and appealing.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Should you leave appliances in the house, a dress towel would be a nice touch. May be also a little dish bottle apron, it gives some warmth and a better idea to the future buyer what it could become.

A small table topper on the counter, may be a mug rug. Anything that makes it look more cozy will work.

Will pray for you if you don't mind, that you will sell your house for a good prize and at a good time.
              ♥♥♥ JAM ♥♥♥

Comment

Congratulations, Nell! I think quilts on the couch, beds, and/or walls would make a house feel more like a home. Good luck!
                Dawn
                A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Maybe a quilted wreath on the door?
                  Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

We sold our home a few months ago, our Realtor had me remove the quilts for the pictures but put them back for showings, just a few. What ended up selling the home was my quilting room in the basement, the new owner loved that!
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I hate to say this, but sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. My sister was trying to sell her house and had quilted wall hangings, framed cross stitched pictures. All the comments that were heard from the potentials was "this is just not my style". So maybe they won't see the potential of the house beyond the quilts. I would be the one to ask if the quilts came with the house.
                      Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

A quilt draped over a couch or chair always looks wonderful to me. I especially love them over the back of the couch, that way you can see more of the quilt!

Comment

Certainly adorn your tables with runners, beds with quilts or bed runners, walls with hangings. It definitely adds to the homeyness of a house! Not to mention all the color it adds. It will help keep the warmth especially since all the knick-knacks and bric-a-brac are recommended to be removed to reduce a cluttered look. Most definitely a quilt on the wall that includes the word welcome would be nice.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I would be much more interested if it had quilts all over the place. That being said..you have to appeal to a broader market. Less is more. I think quilts on the beds, and draped over the couch would be wonderful. It would add warmth without overwhelming potential buyers, by being all over the place. It is also suggested to remove all family pics and things like that from walls and shelves. Keep it to a few things, so it doesn't look bare, but not so much it looks cluttered.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

I must be the odd ball here. When I was looking for houses I much preferred looking at the empty ones. I didn't want to see other people's stuff where I was trying to see mine. Plus, empty rooms look much larger. Believe me, had this house had stuff in the rooms I would have realized how small some of them were before we bought it.
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                              X