X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 6 Feb 7th - 14th

Congratulations Ginny!

I've sewn for my DH and DS for years. I haven't made DH a quilt yet, but I've made cushions for tractor seats and other "necessary" items, and mending and patching. I made some of DS's clothes when he was a child and I've made curtains, etc, for him home.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Congrats Ginny. I've made my DH a couple , well 3 quilts.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I made a throw for my DBF. I used marbled fabric from Connecting Threads in rich red, blue and cream. The pattern was more difficult to choose....double wedding ring? Friendship? UGH! Who would have thought that a pattern could send a message??? I finally found Eleanor Burn’s Lover’s Knot and that was it! He LOVES it! He keeps it on the foot of his bed for extra warmth on cold nights.
        Theda :icon_wave:

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
        "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Comment

I haven't made my sweetie a quilt, yet....
          But I have made 8 placemats for our dining table, and believe it or not, the man is 'all over' a proper dining room table...

If Eli Manning could gain some trust with his receivers again, a New York Giants quilt maybe in order!

SIGH....

I should be REALLY good by then!
          I really need to get off the exclamation point.
          It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

I haven't made my sweetie a quilt, yet....
            But I have made 8 placemats for our dining table, and believe it or not, the man is 'all over' a proper dining room table...

If Eli Manning could gain some trust with his receivers again, a New York Giants quilt maybe in order!

SIGH....

I should be REALLY good by then!

CONGRATS, Ginny!
            I really need to get off the exclamation point.
            It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Congratulations to GinnyKNC!!!
              I have made my hubby a quilt. Which has come in handy this unusual artic cold winter this year.
              Melissa Greenfield :icon_wave: Crafty Quilty Mimi

Comment

Yay Ginny! Have fun spending!
                I've made hubby a double layered fleece blanket, but no quilt yet. Ive also made him a couple of fleece hats for work.
                Cil
                A quilt is a blanket of love
                http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I have always sewn for my family, children, hubby, in-laws, etc. I started out as a garment seamstress and just changed into quilting in the past few years. My family loves their clothing items, pj's, robes, shirts, skirts, etc. I am the go to for curtains for the new apartment and oh, yeah, a new comfy quilt for the couch. I love to sew and I love to love on them in this way!

Comment

I have made each of the grandchildren a baby quilt and a rag quilt, now that they are older. I just finished making an oversized lap quilt for DH and also one for my bother. I am currently working on a quilt for DD and large baby quilts for a niece's twin boys. Oh I also made each of the little grandkids a Halloween bag. That is all so far.
                    :icon_wave: Linda
                    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

I made my husband a Saints throw size quilt for Christmas a few years ago. It was my 2nd completed quilt project.
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Not for DH, but for DD who is my other special someone.

Comment

My Dear Husband was the reason that I started to quilt. When we found out he had lung cancer I wanted to make him a quilt to keep him warm and to know that I was with him even when I could not be there. He used his quilt quite a bit before he passed. Took it out the other night when DD spent the night for her to use and she told me that she could not use it as it was Dads quilt.

Comment

I haven't made anything from start to finish for my sweetie, but I did make his suit pants fit by letting them OUT!!!

He has gained 40 pounds since we've been together. I guess he like my cooking. (I also told him that there was NO fabric left so if he gains anymore we will be going to the suit store)
                            Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
                            Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

Congratulations!

I haven't made my husband anything (yet) but I made a tied comforter for our son when he was younger (he's only 6 now so it wasn't that long ago LOL) He still loves it and cuddles with it often but has asked for a bigger one now. I think maybe I'll try making him a quilt.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ren29; February 8, 2014, 12:28 PM.
                              Renee

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle ~ Plato:)

Comment

I'm currently working on a quilt for my dh. I need to finish it soon! He's getting quite antsy about it. Lol!
                                Lori

Comment

Working...
                                X