This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 6 Feb 7th - 14th

Congratulations to GinnyKNC! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points! Have some fun and lets start adding to that recently finished projects pile!

So I'm noticing that this weeks contest ends on the 14th and we all know what that means!
    One whole night where we're required to leave our sewing machines alone and pay attention to the special people in our lives. (Don't they know that's who we do all that sewing for anyway?) Well, it's coming! And I know everyone is different, and my husband particularly so but this week tell me if you've ever sewn anything for that special someone in your life?
    Now some of those someones just really wouldn't appreciate that type of hand made gift so it's understandable if you haven't but I'm just curious, how many of us out there are showing our love through stitches?

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the topor bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get oneentry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selectionin about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one yourway!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 6 Feb 7th - 14th

Yay Ginny!

I have made hubby clothes and a quilt before.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Well, the fabric is bought and the pattern is chosen. The fabric states is favorite things...Dale Earnhart racing, International Tractors, astrology, and other solid and geometrical patterns to go with these unique fabrics. They are patiently waiting I a bundle for me to finish cutting and piecing together....
      I did make him a Farmall tractor pillow for his recliner when we first got together 17 years ago, it's still around!
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

The only thing I've made for my dh is his Christmas stocking.

Comment

Congratulations GinnyKNC ! I have yet to make him his own quilt to take in his truck, (over the road truck driver). But I do ask his opinion when making my quilts. He has helped me with placement and choices of borders. I mend his jeans all the time, and I don't use the iron on patches. And he doesn't mind me buying fabric even when funds are tight.

Comment

No I haven't. My special someone passed away before I learned to quilt or sew much.
            :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Congratulations Ginny, have fun shopping.
              I had made my whole family fleece lounging pants. Also, I made my 3 DD's pocketbooks, purses
              Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

My loved ones are my daughters and granddaughter. Since I am still on the new side, i have only given one of the, a quilt so far. When I was married, I was a crocheter and i made everyone around me afghans including exhubby.

I am looking forward to making a quilt for all my loves
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I haven't made anything for my special someone. Though someday I would love to make him a nice quilt.
                  Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I made my husband a quilt of vegetable fabrics. He loves to garden, so the quilted "Vegetable Patch" gets him through the winter (non-gardening) season.
                    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations GinnyKNC!

I sewed a quilt that dh liked the panels. It is made of flannel. Then I have one to sew that is cotton for a summer quilt for him as well. This year for Christmas, he and each child got a quilt as part of their Christmas. Thankfully, they appreciate all the work I do to make them a quilt.

Comment

i made a quilt for my daughter it was my first quilt. i have made an afghan for my son before i started to quilt.
                        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I started sewing for my special someone practically right away. Our first or second Christmas together, I embroidered the back of a workshirt with all his favorite things in life. Only I didn't finish it by Christmas, so I wrapped it half done and said I'd keep working on it. This became a theme for his birthday and then the next Christmas, and then the next birthday. (I was no better at completing projects then, than I am now!) Finally, one day in the middle of ordinary time, I actually finished the shirt and gave it to him, for no special occasion at all. Except the very next day he proposed!

Perhaps I should have finished it sooner!
                          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Congrats to Ginny!
                            I made a quilt for my husband this Christmas....and either he really Loved it....or he was smart enough to pretend...lol
                            :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

No "special someone's" here so I will say No.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X