This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 4 Jan 24th - 31st

Congratulations to auntiemern! You just won 2000 Quilters Cash Points! Check out all the entries on our lightning round! Woohoo, for that one! I'm sure the double points had nothing to do with it either... you all just have an amazing competitive spirit and when you're called to action boy do you respond!

We see that all over with the charity quilts and group quilts people make. This week tell us if you have participated in or would like to participate in a charity/group quilt project.

We're back down to 1000 points of prize moneys in free quilters cash but heck... that's 1000 points! I'll take it if you won't! To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the top or bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get one entry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selection in about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points! Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one your way!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; January 31, 2014, 09:34 PM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 3 Jan 24th - 31st

Yay Marilyn!!!

I do 3 charity groups right here on the forum - circle of comfort, NICU quilts and bereavement quilts.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Congratulations Marilyn,
      I have made some charity quilts for the PICU unit for Marilyn, and I hope to make more charity quilts this year!!!
      I am also a member of the circle of comfort group...
      Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Woo Hoo...Just for the record I only posted once all week. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I quilt for the same three groups as Karen. The PICU group is actually my group. We have donated 173 quilts to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital PICU since Nov 2012. I think that is pretty awesome. The COC is near and dear to me as well. I actually received one after being diagnosed with lung cancer. (made and sent by our wonderful Karen McEuen). Treated and cancer free I might add. I also quilt for the bereavement group as it is near and dear to me as well. ( I have lost 2 grandsons at 27 wks). I also do a few outside of the forum when the need arises. Making quilts for those in need of a quilty hug, is my passion. I have also made pillow cases for charity. Thanks again for the points. How will I ever figure out how to spend them.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Auntiemern congrats. Good win. Buy something great of course!

I have only made one quilt for the homeless so far. But i have made numerous crocheted hats and some baby afghans for the NICU. My daughter was a NICU nurse for several years. Now she works in the emergency department so I will probably do something else soon
          Karen
          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Congrats Auntiemern!

I am making quilts for a holiday giveaway (gotta start early) at work.
            Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I have been making quilts for a place that helps women in crisis pregnancy's. When they choose to keep their baby's . the mom and baby go home with a layette package and a quilt. : )
              :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Congratulations to Marilyn! Free money to spend, what could be better?
                I've made quilt for the local Linus group, they donate them to local pediatric hospitals & women's shelters.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Congratulations to auntiemern.

Someday I would like to make quilts for the NICU and the homeless.

Comment

Congratulations auntiemern,
                    I'm not too good a quilter but, as soon as I practice more, I would love to make quilt for Charities.
                    Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Marilyn! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you buy with your points!

I haven't done a charity quilt yet because I'm so backed up with UFOs. My goal is to join one of the charity groups in 2015. I'll have most of my UFOs cleared out this year.
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Congrats Marilyn!
                        I have participated in some and I would like to participate in more!
                        :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

I do not have much time with my new-ish job to sew / quilt much so when i do have time i will sew pillow cases for the cyber elves give back group that makes pillow cases.
                          Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congrats Marilyn!!!!
                            I have made a dew charity quilts, I donate to the American Legion raffles/give-aways and also my local YMCA Kids campaign.
                            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Congratulations Marilyn! Have fun shopping.

I haven't done any quilts for charity but I am working on pillowcases for the Cyberelves group. I would like to do some quilts though. I need to investigate that more.
                              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X