X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue1953
    replied
    Re: Giveaway Week 15 - April 16th - 22nd 2011

My favorite ruler is the 6x22 because its not only great for holding the fabric down while cutting, but it is great to smooth out my quilt sandwich before pinning.

Leave a comment:

• lydja
    replied

Not sure which of my rulers is my favorite but thinking the binding tool I just ordered from here will be it!!!! Looks so easy to use and I have always disliked putting a binding on....

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

PJtexas, so sorry for your loss. The little one is now in God's loving hands and is no loner suffering from whatever took his life. So glad you found quilting to help you through your grief.

Leave a comment:

• jfleckal
    replied

Maybe it is because I'm fairly new to rotary cutting but I love my Shape Cut ruler, it is 12 X 12 and has cut lines every 1/2 inch. I can cut my little squares and big squares and they are so consistent. If you ask about a template it has to be the tumbler, just went through a charm pack in about 15 minutes and I'm already sewing.

Leave a comment:

• Angela Ryerse-Multhaupt
    replied

I like my Dresden Ruler. You can never have enough of those fan blades!

Leave a comment:

• janegirl3
    replied

I have lots of rulers, but one that I really like and would be hard to replace is my bias square ruler for squaring things up. The rule I use the most is my 6.5" x 24". I have several of the templates from MSQC, but I haven't had a chance to use then yet. I'm really looking forward to using the large Apple Core... oh, and the half-hexagaon... oh, and the Tumblr... oh, and the Desden. Ha!

Leave a comment:

• plix
    replied

Originally posted by pjtexas View Post
    My favorite ruler, so far, is the 6"x12". I'm taking Beginner Quilting Lessons and have fallen off the deep end into quilting mania. My housework is piling up, meals are getting simplified, and I don't want to leave my house anymore (except to go to fabric stores and class). This is a healing experience for me. We lost our only grandson (22 mos. old) on Christmas Eve. It has been a dark & painful journey, but, with God's grace, I've found a way out of grief with quilting. I'm also a very devote Christian, so I know where our sweet baby is right now, and I have the assurance that we will be with him again someday. Anyway, I'm making my first quilt and I have three of seven rows assembled. It's such a joy.
    greetings pjtexas. My heart goes out to you. I know you have an enormous loss to process. Even tho you will be together again, the waiting is certainly a day to day challenge. Quilting is great therapy. & this is a great place to come for inspiration, support & new friends. You sound like most of us here.....the addiction only gets worse...it swallows up time, energy, money.....and we LOVE it!!! We also love pictures!!! hint...hint
    Have some fun
    Hugs!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy021
    replied

Hi everyone just wanted to say this is my first time here. I have watched all the Tutionias and I just love them. I have learned so much. I have been learning quilting all my life and just a few years really have learned to make quilts and it is all do to your tutonials. I have watched alot of clips on youtube and none of them have showed me as much as ya'lls have. I just wanted you to know that. It has taken me about 25 years to learn how. I also love learning all the new technics too. Thank you so much Missouri Star Quilt Co. Sandy021

Leave a comment:

• pjtexas
    replied

My favorite ruler, so far, is the 6"x12". I'm taking Beginner Quilting Lessons and have fallen off the deep end into quilting mania. My housework is piling up, meals are getting simplified, and I don't want to leave my house anymore (except to go to fabric stores and class). This is a healing experience for me. We lost our only grandson (22 mos. old) on Christmas Eve. It has been a dark & painful journey, but, with God's grace, I've found a way out of grief with quilting. I'm also a very devote Christian, so I know where our sweet baby is right now, and I have the assurance that we will be with him again someday. Anyway, I'm making my first quilt and I have three of seven rows assembled. It's such a joy.

Leave a comment:

• LavenderBlue
    replied

My favorite? That's like asking which is my favorite child. It would have to be a tossup between the 12" square ruler (large block accuracy) and my 6" x 12" that is used most of all. By the way, I am thrilled to own the tumbler template - makes that pattern much more doable!

Leave a comment:

• neo
    replied

Circle cut ruler will be the one.I have seen a pretty circle quilt pattern...

Leave a comment:

• Carol_Ann
    replied

congrats, Tamsterg7 ! I'd be lost without my 6" x 24" ruler. It is essential to quilting.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

The June Tailor Shape Cut ruler I think is my favorite. I own one just haven't used it yet would you believe.

Monique

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

It looks like I am not alone in my need for my 6"x24" ruler. I also have a 3"x18" and a 1"x6" that get their own share of the work. I have several of the square rulers that I use occasionally, but they are not anywhere near the workhorses that the others are.
    Eventually, I would like to try one of the circle cutters. Until then, I'll just keep using the bowls from the kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• dmt148
    replied

6"x24" is my must have. But that circle cutter is the bomb. dmt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X