This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 15 - April 16th - 22nd 2011

The current quilt I am working on requires 240 square in a square 3 1/2in. blocks. The Easy Angle Ruler has been a wonderful tool, making the triangles a little larger so to resquare them to the perfect size.

Comment

6"x24" does it for me cuz I am not a "seasoned" quilter like so many talented folks on this board.

Comment

I have several favorites....the binding tool is absolutely WONDERFUL and I love using the tumbler too. So much fun!!! Of course, there is nothing like the square up ruler! Too many choices!!

Comment

I like the 6 x 12 with lip. Nice for squaring up.

Comment

My favorite ruler is my 6x24 pink one that I use for mealy everything! But I would love a scallop one or one that makes circles easily!!
            Jaimee

Comment

My favorite ruler, because it is the workhorse, is the 6x24.

Comment

OMG...I luv my 12x12 shape cut....cutting strips could not be any easier...my second favorite is the binding tool....always comes out perfect fit.....hugs, Fran

Comment

I love my 12x12 ruler, I use it for cutting and to square my blocks

Comment

I have more than one favorite. The binding tool is quickly becoming a friend. I use my 6 x 24 a lot and then I have a smaller one that I think is 6 x 12 but I'm too lazy to get up and check to make sure. If it's not 12 in. it's close. I also love the "quilt in a day" scallop ruler. I ordered a shape-cut plus from Joann's on sale. When I get back to the U.S. I'll be excited to try that one. ( It'll be Christmas in May!)
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I guess I would have to say the 6 by 24 as that is the one I use the most.
                      Congratulations to the winner for this past week.

Hugs,
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Well, as I am new to piecing and quilting, I am just building my "collection", so I guess it would be my 6 X 24 ruler. However, I ordered and now have the 5" tumbler by Natalie, and am so excited to begin using it. After watching the tutorial, I am ready to surge on forward with the project. I have been building up my collection of charm packs ( a few at a time) to have enough to make a large (queen size) quilt. My next dream is the binding tool. Those tutorials make it look so easy and quick, it is hard to resist any of the rulers/templates. Hmmmm..maybe I should get the half hexi, or the large apple core, or...... ;o)

Comment

My favorite ruler is the circle cutter. Haven't received my yet -- I'm getting mine for Mother's Day (shh -- don't tell anyone I know). That ruler is going to help me make the cutest quilts for Granddaughter #1, and maybe Granddaughter #2 ... will see. I'm also getting the binder tool ... which will make my bindings perfect. No more guessing for me.

Comment

I like all my rulers, but the tool I want most is the binding tool, I think that will make joining my binding so much easier. I can't wait until it arrives.
                            JVO

Comment

Congratulations to the winner, tamster7. I just want to know what thar means. Is it your name and birth order or what?
                              I loved using the scallop edged ruler. I think that's the one you mean that can make petals. I used it to scallop the border of my queen sized quilt. It was the easiest thing. Love it.

Comment

This is my first attempt at replying so I hope I do this correctly! My most used ruler is my 6 X 24" ruler for cutting, well, just about everything! However, I recently completed my first paper-piecing project during which I was introduced to a quarter-inch ruler -- what a great tool that is!! I just viewed a tutorial on making a friendship braid quilt using jelly rolls and the binding tool, so I'm going to order that one next because it looks really useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X