• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    sewbizzy

• sewbizzy
    replied
    Re: Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

I am always relaxed when I am doing any kind of sewing...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
    I have been making items for the spring shows that we will be doing this year...

Leave a comment:

• jingleme

• jingleme
    replied

finally got my sewing room cleaned up. now it's time to sew! and that is relaxing.

congrats to fabriclovr!

Leave a comment:

• institches64

• institches64
    replied

I haven't picked up any quilting yet. Actually one of my resolutions is to reduce clutter in my life and that will definitely mean organizing my sewing room! I actually started working in the bedroom closet and threw some old stuff out. It felt good to just jump in and start. Once I get my quilting room back to where I would like it, then will start on some UFO's!

Leave a comment:

• goofyizzy

• goofyizzy
    replied

I enjoy my sewing time. I've been working on a cute little quilt for my canine niece. It's almost done. Good thing too, because I need to get back to working on the quilt for my actual niece.

Leave a comment:

• Over18

• Over18
    replied

Sadly, no quilting. I have done some mending to help relieve the guilt of spending so much time quilting. Projects start again after the replacement dishwasher goes in and the kitchen has recovered from the leak. 3 or 4 more days I think.

Leave a comment:

• Ginny B

• Ginny B
    replied

Congratulations, Fabriclover!

Yes, sewing does mean relaxing a lot of the time. I have done some sewing since Christmas. Just finished a receiving blanket for a co-worker yesterday and gave it to him . Tomorrow is a snow day --- no work. So, I am sure I will be in there sewing something.

Leave a comment:

• Pamela R.

• Pamela R.
    replied

For me sewing is relaxation. I took the past week off work and other than Christmas day have spent most of it sewing. I've pieced a queen size top for my sister and will be taking it to have it quilted soon. I started a quilt for my son and from what I can tell I'll be spending the next few weeks cutting lots and lots of strips LOL He just bought a king size bed!! What am I thinking????? Oh well, keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Monique

• Monique
    replied

Congratulations Fabriclover.

I have had family with me for two weeks. The last of brood just left today. I have not had any quilting or even fabric touching in all of two weeks. I finish my current work assignment on Saturday and look forward to having some quilting time then.

Leave a comment:

• JAM

• JAM
    replied

No quilting here, Family comes first.

After doing all those Christmas gifts, I don't want to touch the machine for the moment.
    Sewing room looks like a bomb has hit it, still Christmas fabric everywhere.

Well, comes Monday, things will be in order again and my machine purring like a content kitty.

Leave a comment:

• calicokat

• calicokat
    replied

The kids have been home, so there hasn't been much time for any relaxing. But yes, I do find quilting and sewing very relaxing and was delighted to get some time last night to piece together the rows for a scrappy quilt for DH & my bed. This is the most exciting quilt I've made - because it's finally for MY bed!!

I keep hexies to work on in a bag in the car. It's wonderful to sit and stitch on those while I'm in pick-up line for the kids or waiting at lessons and such. Everyone in the family knows what to look for when I ask if my "Handwork Bag" is around

~kat

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

I really haven't had much time to sew since the holidays began. I found the time to finish a quilt commissioned by a relative. Other than a roman shade and finishing that quilt, I've been away from my machine. Right now, my daughters have given me a small stack of clothes that need repairs so I'll get to those after my company goes home. I've had my sis and mother-in-law here for almost 3 weeks. I think 2 would be better since I get stressed having to always find things to do to keep them entertained. The answer to the question is "yes." Sewing is definitely a relaxing activity for me, otherwise, I wouldn't spend so much time making quilts.

Leave a comment:

• Tana

• Tana
    replied

Working on a wedding quilt. Just need to add borders and I am done! I ended up buying two jelly rolls to finish the quilt and am just surfing the net this morning looking for a pattern that will use up the rest of the second jelly roll. This is a fun thread! It's nice to see that I'm not the only one finding it hard to throw in a little quilting since the holidays.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas

• Sandy Navas
    replied

CONGRATULATIONS, Fabriclovr.

I've used my sewing machine every day for the past six weeks - even Christmas day saw some usage. I've made three quilts since Tuesday 12/31/13 (albeit bereavement quilts - tiny) and have a PICU-NICU quilt almost quilted and ready for binding. Okay, I'll run out of steam before the end of the week, but at least my space is organized after the mad Christmas rush.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear

• Pandabear
    replied

Sewing is not relaxing for me. Fun, yes. But I'm thinking about too many things to do and not do to avoid mistakes. Reading is fun and relaxing. I've hardly touched my machine this holiday week. My family loves board games and the three of us have been spending family time doing just that.

Leave a comment:

• skostner

• skostner
    replied

I have spent a lot of time relaxing, watching movies and yes sewing! I am taking a class where we have to make a project showing what we have learned and I am making a quilt with white squares that I write on and offset by purple squares because that is our school colors. I am down to the binding and love sewing the binding while I am watching tv.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X