This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

What's the best way to wish Merry Christmas and start the new year! With free points of course! Congratulations to Fabriclovr! You just won 1000 Quilters Cash Points!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! Love seeing all the love going around! It's just lovely, and brings the love to my heart and the... never mind. We'll just keep smiling and feeling the happy of the season... especially now that it's past and the expectations go waaaayyy down! Aaahhh, the relaxation of getting back to normal! I want to know if relaxation for you means sewing! Have you touched even a single stitch of fabric since Christmas? or has it been all rest and family time? I have to go with number two this year, of course that's partly because I'm sick like crazy and so is my family so a bit of forced family time, but heck, I'll take it!

To enter the game just hit the reply to thread button at the topor bottom of this page and answer the question! You only get oneentry per contest round. A winner will be chosen by random selectionin about a week to win our next 1000 Quilters Cash Points!
    Then watch your private messages cause I might be sending one yourway!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

Christmas is always relaxed in our house because we keep it that way. We decorate cookies and eat chili on Christmas Eve, but I make the cookies and chili several weeks early and put them then in the freezer. Then we just defrost everything in the fridge a couple of days in advance. We are good to go as soon as I make the icings, microwave the potatoes, and chop the onions. As all our children are not close by, we do the same with Christmas dinner: this year, we had ham, so I defrosted one package and the cranberry relish and made a salad. Quick, easy, and non-stressful. Today, I bought some fleece on sale for a new hat ($0.59 for the project + my time), and I am going to quilt this afternoon. I am NOT one to be glad that Christmas is over: I look forward to it, plan for it, and relax and enjoy it!

Comment

Congratulations to Fabriclovr!
      Relaxation is sewing time for me. I haven't been able to sew since Christmas But I plan to this weekend as long as my granddaughter doesn't make her debut which I wouldn't mind at all.
      Happy New Year and Happy Quilting to All
      Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Relaxing for me is....I am just chilling. After a FULL house and busy Christmas, I am chilling for a few days. Come next Monday, I will be doing sewing, finishing up some quilts and then making some costumes for a local High School musical. Then I will spend the year working on my bucket list and UFO's .
        Congrats on the quilters points. What a fun way to start the NEW YEAR....enjoy your shopping.
        Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

I sew everyday. It is relaxing . Christmas was low key as usual here in a house full of adults. So we relax enjoy each other and I sew.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Have you touched even a single stitch of fabric since Christmas? or has it been all rest and family time?
            It's been all rest time for me however that might change tomorrow. I have several customer quilts that I really need to get to....but instead I am watching MSQ tutorials and dreaming of my next sewing projects!

Comment

Congratulations Fabriclovr!
              It's low key around here. The boys (25 and 24) are usually visiting friends and catching up around this time of year. Missing Katie - she graduates from Parris Island on Jan. 24th - writing her lots of letters. DH is busy working on my quilting room and I am playing catch-up with household stuff before I head back to school next week and very long days. I am getting some quilting in - I wrote up my list for 2014 and have already started working on one of the quilt projects.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I finally got to get in to the sewing room today!! Being in the sewing room for me is definitely relaxation time. Once Christmas was done I was able to feel relaxed enough to have some me time.
                Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congratulations Fabriclovr!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year -- I hope you feel better soon so you can begin on the big 2014 list?

Not me, have only been in the sewing room 1 time since Dec. 1st... But am doing sorting out junk in the house, slowly a good cleaning and straighten the fabric room - Love the idea of a "real" list for 2014 instead of what grabs my attention at that minute LOL like Jenny's new tut!

Wishing everyone a long list, and great accomplishments for 2014

:-Debbie
                  Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

For me, the planning is the relaxing part of sewing. Getting into it and realizing I am 1/2 an inch too short is not relaxing at all. But that's my bipolar too. As far as quilting since Christmas, I've been too busy laying on the couch getting over a bug But I'm reading lots of patterns, doing lots of web searches, and will be back up and sewing soon!!!!
                    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

Congrats fabriclovr. Way to go! Fab start for the new year for you.

Sewing is my relaxation absolutely. I will never be a quilt in a day sort of girl because I enjoy thinking about what I am doing......slowly.....otherwise, past experience tells me, I make stupid mistakes. I have not been quilting for very long so nothing is second nature to me yet. I enjoy the fact that after a very busy lifestyle I am allowed to go slowwwwwwww. Lol

Comment

Haha, Congrats Fabriclovr! (Just what Susan needs, more fabric to go with her 69 pounds from RJR!)

I actually sandwiched a quilt and got the majority of it quilted yesterday evening. I hadn't had much time before Christmas to do any sewing so it was nice to sit down at the machine for a while.
                        K is for Karen 😊​..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sewing/quilting is relaxing for me when I can find the time to actually sit down and work on my ufo's. We are celebrating Christmas on New Year's Eve so I have been using my time to work on a tree appliqué project and am to the point of sewing on the 125+ tiny glass leaves. I finished a Charlie Brown Christmas fabric tree skirt on Christmas Eve.
                          Dawn
                          A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

It is different every year but this year it is more family. I haven't done any sewing and really don't think I will get to any before the middle of Jan. That's ok, much to take care of before then.
                            Be blessed,
                            Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Comment

Congrats Fabriclover!

I was finishing a king size quilt for a gift on Sunday but that was it. I do have to make a gift for a party tomorrow.
                              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X