X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

Congrats Fabriclovr!

Sewing is very relaxing to me and I have been sewing since Christmas. I have a dress that I cutout for my niece that I need to finish--- I made the original for her back in the summer and cutout a second dress but never finished it. I also have a victorian style dress for myself that I started 2 years ago for halloween that I need to complete. Also, years ago I started a wedding dress that I have bagged up and need to finish.

Along with all that I want to complete quilts for family members for their bdays/Christmas next year that didn't get one this Christmas....my sister's bday is Feb2 so I need to do hers first. Also, I purchased several yards of various flannels that I wanted to make pj's out of for family members so I need to do that as well.

Luckily sewing is relaxing for me or this could be stressful!
    :icon_wave: Teresa

Comment

I've been sewing, but that is because we exchanged gifts the weekend after Christmas, and I was running behind! It was very relaxing, though.

Comment

Been sewing-which is relaxing and even bought some things to make some fabric boxes...yum!
        Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

I have Christmas burn-out but I want to make pillow cases that I did not get to before Christmas. I hope to get them done before 2 of my boys go back to college. (And 2 for one's girlfriend)! So much fabric, so little free time.

Comment

Sewing is very relaxing for me if my husband is here to watch our boys. This year we gave everyone fleece scarfs for Christmas. ..so I think I cut at least 20 scarfs out of fleece this year. Everyone loved them. I mended alot of clothes too and altered our boys pants. I love being in my sewing room.

Comment

Sewing is good relaxation therapy unless I am having to frog a lot...rip it. Nope, have not sewn, been trying to help my granddaughter finish her quilt.

Comment

After two Christmas dinners--one at our house and one at our cousins--we still have one to go! Our kids were at the in-laws so we will do their Christmas and dinner next weekend. I had two daily deals this past week in the mail and have already sewn one into a table runner. But I had a senior moment and now can't remember what I was going to make from the other one. It must have been something big as I got backing fabric as well. Oh well, some project will come to me and I will be happy! I also got the crazy quilt templates in one package and can't wait to dig into my stash. I do have one New Year's Resolution--finish 3 bindings that I have been putting off and do it by the end of January. Projects have been done for a while, but couldn't seem to find time to get the darn bindings done. Wishing all a Happy, Healthy New Year.

Comment

I'm doing a few labels for 5 late quilt gifts for family I've not seen yet. Then I'll start a few more quilts that I've been dreaming about.

Comment

It's pretty low key here too. We have lots of family time so no time to sew. I did however do a little sewing on Friday night since it was just hubby and I home and he was playing Xbox. I try to sew a little bit everyday and usually can. I will get back into my routine when all the decorations are put away next week. Looking forward to a very productive 2014!
                    Cil
                    A quilt is a blanket of love
                    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Congratulations Fabriclovr. The way I relax at Christmas is to either work on a sewing project or if I have a hand project going I will work on that. Shoot that is pretty much how I relax any time of the year. Every now and then I will read a good book.

Comment

Sewing=relaxation. I've been cutting out a wool quilt since Christmas--after a detour today to make pillows, I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Congrats to last week's winner!
                        Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I've been doing a bit of both, but mainly spending time with my daughter who is home from Grad school. No sewing in The Sewing Room but a lot of organizing and culling of junk. It's all in anticipation of sewing lots in 2014! Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
                          See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

For me it has been relaxing but I have been sick with whatever is going around so have not been up to doing much. This week I am on vacation and hope to finish a project I started for my mom then look to a new project. Still a beginner to say the least on quilting but I sure have fun seeing all the possibilities.

Happy New Year to all

Comment

We have an expression in Swedish that translates to "good continuation" which we say to each other after Christmas but before New Years. So - good continuation to you!

And big grats to Fabriclovr!! What a great Christmas present.

I have indeed been sewing. My MIL was visiting and so I made her a fabric box and a Dresden doily. I started cutting fabric for a UFO from this summer but then I happened upon some deliciously vibrant New York Beauty blocks on Pinterest and found I just had to try one. And another. And a third... Also, my 6yr old got her own sewing machine for Christmas (!) so she has been sewing lots. In paper, with no thread hehe.

Today I packed away my dear Janome - we are having dinner guests for New Year's Eve and so my sewing room is transforming back into our dining room again!
                              ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

I picked up my quilt and then set it back down. Just too tired from all the holiday hustle and bustle. Hopefully this week will be better and I will finally finish my first quilt!

Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X