X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabriclovr
    replied
    Re: Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

Thank you M* ! This is what I bought with my quilters cash (and a litle of my own)
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ove-charm-pack

Leave a comment:

• NanceeCee
    replied

I haven't "physically" sewn, but have watched MSQC tutorials (yeah Five and Dime!), organized strips for my next project, shopped online for fabric (MSQC), and read patterns. My DH got me a 23x70" cutting mat for Christmas and I can't wait to use it. So, "mentally" I have sewn the entire Christmas season, while entertaining, watching movies, cooking and cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• mgreen2427
    replied

Sewing is relaxing for me. I've been so busy the past month I hadn't gotten in the sewing room until yesterday. Made stockings for next year. Happy New Year to all many happy sewing projects in 2014!

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

Congratulations Fabriclovr/Susan! You could buy templates and other notions besides fabric with those points. With all that fabric you won in the IQ2 contest, you won't need much fabric for a while.

I wouldn't call sewing relaxing. To me, it's fun. It can be stressful if I am against a timeline, or confusing when I'm trying out a new technique/pattern. But mostly it's fun.

Leave a comment:

• marsharini
    replied

Any type of hand work is relaxing for me, so I brought a small quilt along on my trip to visit family and am hand finishing the binding.

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

I find sewing relaxing - as long as everything goes the way it should. If it doesn't, not so much. I sewed the front to the back of my GS stocking, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• jfreye
    replied

newly retired, I am relaxing every day with every stitch I sew. I haven't stopped sewing not even on christmas. I have a new grandbaby coming in march. Sew much to do, sew little time. I love your shop. All kinds of inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• LJ_Tulip
    replied

Yes, it's usually relaxing to sew unless things are not going well - then I'm stressed!!! Get well; there has been so much stuff going on around us...from bad, nasty colds to upset stomach flu symptoms. So far, we've been lucky to have stayed well. Happy New Year to all of Missouri Star Quilt Co. and their friends and followers.

Leave a comment:

• maxwellthecat
    replied

Congratulations fabriclover, I hope you have a really good time shopping.
    I have been with family and friends and having a wonderful time.

Leave a comment:

• SiobhanF
    replied

I spell stress relief Q-U-I-L-T-I-N-G. As I give most of my quilts away, I have nothing to show...
    I haven't had a chance to be in my sewing space, this is my busiest time of year at work, and I've got some reverse stitching I'm procrastinating over...

Leave a comment:

• vickit
    replied

Each year I attempt to have relaxed and peaceful home at Christmas. I plan and replan way ahead of time to get everything ready so that on Christmas Day we will have minimal things to do. And, each year something or a series of somethings happen to unravel my plans forcing me to stay in the kitchen for much of the day along with my amazing husband who has been doing more and more cooking each year to help me out as the cooking with all the standing gives me more pain as each year passes. It upsets me because I love to cook and bake, but I'm very thankful to have such an awesome husband who helps without complain. Sewing though? As each problem arises, the sewing gets pushed further into the background since my family just insists food on the table tastes better than a table runner and/or placemats. LOL BUT, I have been buying lots of Christmas fabrics and some others in the past few weeks and come late January once we get past the 3 family birthday's (my twins and myself), I will be in my sewing room already starting to sew things for next Christmas. I would LOVE to be finished with that by mid to late July, and then just little projects after that for fun, not because I have to get them done as a present. Then for the rest of the year I will be watching for sales and buying any gifts with that to be hopefully completed by Thanksgiving. Then December is fun and relaxation and candy/cookie time.

Leave a comment:

• ozziepuppy
    replied

I have not sewn since Christmas because I have not been feeling well, but in general I do sew to relax. I have ordered some smooth foam balls and straight pins and am going to do six fabric ornaments out of holiday fabric before I lose the holiday "mood." I just learned how to do the folded fabric ornaments and love them. Then I am going to make something for myself (I sewed so many gifts but made nothing for myself). I gave away quilts, table runners, and pillows, so I think it is time I at least have a quilted table runner!

Leave a comment:

• redjello2000
    replied

No rest for me. And no time for fabric. It makes way for one "bugger lipped" woman!

Leave a comment:

• asta
    replied

Since my DH had to work on Christmas I took some time to sew for a few hours in the morning before our kids came over. Since I am "retired" I am able to get some sewing or quilting done most every day, either by hand or machine.
    Congrats Fabriclovr!

Leave a comment:

• cindyinohio
    replied

Sewing is my way to relax. I've only been to my sewing room once in the past 10 days because I've also been sick with this flu...hopefully will make it back there soon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X