This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

Congrats Fabriclovr! And Happy New Year to everyone!
    Very relaxed around here. Last three years we haven't been able to really celebrate as hubby has been unemployed. So the sewing room (downstairs half basement shared with play area for grandkids) is my tranquil place. My two year old grandaughter plays very well while I sew during the week. She knows how far in my sewing area she can come. She has her own little basket of ribbons and scraps she plays with. And loves it when I take a brake from quilting and make her an outfit.
    Teri

Comment

YES......sewing is relaxation for me! The minute I get home from work, I turn on the iron, the Ott lights, and the sewing machine....put my slippers on......and I'm ready to sew! I have to stop every so often to feed my cat or I get the stink-eye look from him and also get down on the floor to play cat games! I think he is jealous of the sewing machine! I HAD to sew some pinwheel blocks Christmas morning before heading out to my son's for the day ...and also when I returned!
      Last edited by jomala1951; December 28, 2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Our 4 year old granddaughter lives with us so there is no such thing as relaxing this Christmas. I wouldn't have it any other way. I did go to the LQS yesterday to get my "fix" I bought some holiday fabric and other fabric to finish my UFOs
        sigpic
        Kathy Jones

Comment

It is the best way for me to destress and relax, sewing a quilt. I am quilting over the holidays. Spent time with friends and family and because I have over a week off work, I will be quilting for sure. Can't help it...I'm obsessed......
          Alana
          To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
          alanashideaway.blogspot.com
          https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Sitting with my family while working on some kind of hand sewing (applique, binding, etc.) is very relaxing, and I've done a bit of that this Christmas. Sewing in my sewing space is relaxing, but it isolates me from the family due to the location. So that's the place to go if I need some time alone.

Comment

I finished a quilt top yesterday, sandwiching got interrupted, but I plan on working on it more this weekend.
              I used to love baking, which was relaxing for me, until issues with my feet made it hard to stand for long periods of time, but I did get some baking done yesterday as well which was very enjoyable.
              Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

Congrats Fabriclovr! Sewing is relaxation for me and I can't wait to get back to it, which will probably be today. Yay! My LQS had an after Christmas sale so of course I had to pick up a few things! Plus I have lots of UFO's waiting for me! Happy New Year everyone!
                ~ Connie ~

Comment

Sewing is relaxing to me....most of the time. I haven't done any sewing since Christmas, but I have cut out fabric to make my ds a hoodie. I need to get dh's quilt sandwiched so I can start quilting it, but that will require me to move furniture so I have enough floor space. Hence the reason it has been waiting weeks to be sandwiched. Lol!
                  Lori

Comment

Oh yes, I have been sewing ever since the family left on Christmas Day. Sewing is how I de-stress.

Comment

Christmas and all it's preparations simply wore my butt out! I've been catching up on rest..mean sleep since Christmas day. Gonna take the decorations down and get back on my regular routine of sewing/quilting.

Comment

Congrats Fabriclovr!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and have a very Happy New Year (hope you feel better real soon)!

Sewing is my relaxing but have been gone since 1st part of the week (just got home a little while ago). Visited and spent Christmas with my children and grandkids and had a wonderful time. Plan on sewing tomorrow, working on a quilt for a niece that has done something very kind and generous for one of my kids and want to have it pieced together to show her on New Year's day when our family has a New Year get together.

Comment

Sewing is usually a relaxing time for me, however I was down to the wire this year getting things done. Haven't sewn since Christmas Eve day, Christmas was hectic with 13 guests for dinner then we left the next day for an overnight holiday visit with my sister upstate. Trying to get the sewing room organized and cleaned up after the Christmas marathon. Will start sewing again after that!
                          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Sewing is my way to relax. I've only been to my sewing room once in the past 10 days because I've also been sick with this flu...hopefully will make it back there soon!
                            sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Since my DH had to work on Christmas I took some time to sew for a few hours in the morning before our kids came over. Since I am "retired" I am able to get some sewing or quilting done most every day, either by hand or machine.
                              Congrats Fabriclovr!
                              Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

No rest for me. And no time for fabric. It makes way for one "bugger lipped" woman!

Comment

Working...
                                X