X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giveaway Week 138 December 27 - January 3rd

Congrats to Fabriclovr!
    Sewing is relaxing for me. I didn't sew much during Christmas but I spent most of today in my studio sewing units for a mystery quilt...I'm almost caught up with all the current clues, I have 4 out of 5 completed!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Had a very hectic two weeks before Christmas for various reasons, so by the time the day ended with everyone here, I was starting to feel it; Got sick yesterday, so DH and I are both down and out for the moment. I will try to bind two lap quilts this weekend if I feel up to it, but then I'm taking a little break from sewing for awhile. Might just peruse my fabrics and just plan my next quilt projects. Right now I don't feel like doing anything.
      :icon_wave: Linda
      "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Sewing relaxes me. Have not done any since Christmas. I have been without heat since christmas eve afternoon, so I spend most of my time wrapped up in blankets watching tv. Can't wait till the heat gets fixed so I can get back to my sewing.
        Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congrats, Fabriclovr!

I have managed -- mostly out of guilt -- to sew a bit on the Christmas placemats that I didn't finish in time.

My goal is to finish them and take them to my LQS BOM class next Friday. Wish me luck!
          Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyBarb View Post
            Sewing relaxes me. Have not done any since Christmas. I have been without heat since christmas eve afternoon, so I spend most of my time wrapped up in blankets watching tv. Can't wait till the heat gets fixed so I can get back to my sewing.
            Yikes!! Hope it's fixed soon!!
            Mary
            SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

After finishing my IQ entry, I took a break to get ready for our early Christmas celebration and DD's graduation. Then I had a good week before Christmas to sew what I chose to do. I made 4 baby quilts, just because. Today I started a Square in a Square with some fabric I had purchased back when I first met Jenny...at the old shop! Sewing has always made me relax and makes my heart sing. It just doesn't seem right if I can't sew a little every day or so.

Comment

I haven't sewn for a couple weeks. I've been crocheting like crazy, though, which is relaxing for me.

Comment

Well, unfortunately I have another Christmas on January 4th. I'm taking the tree down today anyways, it's been up for 6 weeks. And I have every intention of re-organizing my sewing room so I can sew/hand quilt again. Hopefully after the first weekend in January, our place can get back to normal!!!!
                  There's so many new projects and tutorials I want to try, but I have made a solemn vow that all UFOs have to be finished first! Which will be relaxing should my family support me to complete them!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Yes sewing is relaxing to me. Whats that saying the guys say "a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work." Well that is how I feel about sewing. I have been sewing, needed one more wine bottle bag.

Comment

Iris Girl
                      I love your cat pics. I have a 14 1/2 yr old golden tabby named BUFFY ( male ) who right now is laying on my keyboard with his head on my wrist as I type. You are probably thinking "what a spoiled cat ! ".....which he really is. He loves to watch me cut out fabric too. Buffy is such an awesome cat, I just really love him soo much. AT Almost 15 yrs old, I can't image life without him, but I hope he lives just a few more years. In the past we have had dogs, but I really enjoy cats.
                      Thanks for sharing your photos...
                      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

My children was in for Christmas and I enjoyed time with them without sewing. I had a tshirt quilt for my daughter that got started several years ago and got put aside due to sewing machine problems. When I got it back out, I never could figure out a good layout for it again. I got my daughter, who was a design major in college, to lay it back out. We took pictures this time and numbered the pieces. This is the closest I came to quilting over Christmas.
                        Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Yep sewing leases me, and I try to split my time!
                            Mary
                            SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

I haven't sewn since Christmas, but finally got my new sewing machine, so I want to start right away. Congrats fabriclover.
                              Relaxation for me is reading a book, which I haven't done for many months. I would rather quilt.
                              Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congratulations Fabriclovr on the points.

Sewing is relaxing for me, but I haven't been able to sew for a while. Need to clean my sewing area first. I relax also by reading, nothing better than curling up under a quilt and reading a good book.
                                Donna
                                MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X