This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 14 - April 8th - 15th 2011

Congratulations to sassyquilter! Random.org chose you to win the 1000 Quilters Cash Points from last weeks giveaway! Good luck finding your bus tour! They are a blast prizes shopping and fabric what more could you want! Here's the link to info about the MSQC Bus Tour! (hint: scroll down! The info's at the bottom of the post )

If you're not sassyquilter I'm sure you're thinking you'd like another shot at some free spending points! So here you go!
    It's early spring and everywhere I go I'm seeing flowers start peeking out. I realize it's not everywhere yet judging by the "No Mo' Snow" Daily Deal but today at my house it's lilac day! Everytime I see lilac bushes blooming I can't help but think of my mom with lilac's on her table singing about lilac day... there's not really a song for lilac day but Jenny likes to make up words so not having a song for it never stopped her!
    For a chance at 500 points tell me your favorite spring flower or if they remind you of someone or something! I want to know and if you tell us you may end up with 500 points comin' your way!
    Happy Lilac Day!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 14 - April 8th - 15th 2011

Congrats Sassyquilter!!

My fav are the roses.. The bushes are growing like crazy after the winter and all the blooms are beautiful and smell soo good!

Comment

I love Lilacs too. And Tulips and any other flower that blooms in the spring, summer, fall, and winter! They are God's gifts to make everything smell pretty and to make us smile. Hugs, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Congratulations Sassyquilter! Have fun spending those points.

I love lilacs too. They are one of my favorites (and the deer too...UGH). But for a spring flower, the first one up here in the north to make a big show and gladden my heart has got to be daffodils. Now that's spring!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Congrats Sassy......... I know you'll love using your points.

I don't think many would think of a lemon blossom as a spring flower, but what the tiny little blossom lacks in grandeur it absolutely makes up for in fragrance. When my backyard lemon (and orange) trees are in bloom.... their beauty is amazing. Nothing quite as sweet as opening the doors and having the house perfumed with citrus blossoms.
          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
          Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
          (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

My favorite is also the lilac!! The smell as I step out onto the porch in the early morning, with a cup of coffee is intoxicating!
            Watching the little lady across the road scooting along with her walker to pick the lilacs for her bedroom just warms my heart. My bushes have buds....the wait wont be much longer for the blooms!!

Congratulations SassyQuilter!!
            ~Mary
            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

My favorite spring flowers are Stargazer Lillies and Wild Roses. these are the flowers that were in bloom in my garden on April 24th 1986 when my first daughter was born. I named her Lilli Rose. she will be 25 this year and I still have the same flower beds which bloom every year on her birthday

772.jpg
              Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
              hugs, Suzi
              http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
              it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

What a special story, Suzi!!
                ~Mary
                As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

My favorite would have to be the daffodil. They don't last long, but they are so pretty and a sign of good weather coming

Thanks for all the congrats! Soooo excited. Can't wait to spend them
                  To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                  Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Magnolias! Oh the sweet, sweet smell of the magnolias in spring! My favorite part of spring is their blooming and it reminds me of the Magnolia tree we had in our backyard growing up. I loved climbing that tree.
                    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

my favorite is also the lilac. It reminds me of going to grandma's house for sunday dinner and after the dishes were done us kids would go outside and play on top of the cave. Beside it grew a large lilac bush. Grandma would come out and we would pick a bouquet to put on the table and one for us to take home. Thats one of my favorite memories of my childhood.

Comment

Lilacs! Oh my favorite smelling flower! There was a few large bushes around the yard when I was growing up. Every Spring I would go out and cut some bunches and deliver the first to my mother. The rest got delivered to the neighbors so they each had their own bouquet. One year - many years later - one of the neighbors gave me a lovely, huge glass vase so I could put my own lilacs in them. The only lilac trees I have here at my house - well, they give us green leaves all summer, but only give us 1 bloom for the whole bunch of trees. I don't think they get enough sunlight where they are. Tried transplanting a few every year, but no luck. No problem though cause my neighbor has a huge tree and she lets me cut hers!
                        Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Congrats sassyquilter!! I love spring flowers - The first ones that we usually have are daffodils. This year, I kept waiting for them to bloom and then they were gone - our sweet neighbor's daughter had picked them all for her mom! Couldn't get mad at her - the flowers really made a very sick lady smile.

Comment

I like primroses and pansies/violas. They are the first flowers that have colors around here and are sturdy enough to take the cold temps, and even some snow.
                            I too love the smell of lilacs and the mock orange trees that come later in the season.
                            For sheer impressiveness it has to be the 50 year old flowering cherry tree that dominates my parents' front yard. There used to be one in each of the yards on the cul-de-sac, but most have died out. Mom & Dad's took a hit from a big evergreen that fell in a windstorm about 3 years ago, so it isn't the beautiful umbrella shape it used to be, but it is still beautiful. Some years they leave the white Christmas lights up in it and plug them in to make it glow at night. It is so pretty. Dad hates all of the petals it drops on the cars and everywhere else. Too bad! The neighbors would run him out of the neighborhood if he ever willfully cut it down.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I love lilacs and snowballs. When I was a kid in Denver, Co our house had lilac bushes and snowball bushes and I just loved them. I would pick them and give them to my Mother. I love lilacs so much that I ordered Modas Lilac Hill chrams and turnovers from MSQC to make me something, not sure yet but I just wish that they smelled like lilacs

Congrats Sassyquilter have fun!!!
                              Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                              THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                              :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X