This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 26 Pictures please....

Congratulations Quiltvader!! You are the winner this week! Email me your information and I will ship out that pattern asap. ( I think you are gonna love it!)

This week I am giving away the Winterscapes charm pack. Super cute,I swear! You are gonna love, love, love it!

Okay, so my question this week is:

Do you take pictures of every quilt you make? What about every table runner, project or gift? What do you do to document them? Do you have a book or album? Do you write all the information down or do you just give them away thinking you'll always remember what you've done!?

Me? Well, I WANT to take pictures,I WANT to be better....I will work on it. What about you?

Re: Week 26 Pictures please....

WINTERSCAPES??? OMG I love that line!! Ok so I take pictures of everything. My computer basically serves 2 purposes, internet, and folders and folders of digital pictures. My husband also likes to walk into the sewing room and take pictures of me sewing (he's seriously the paparazzi in our family). I take pictures of each step of most projects just in case I can't remember how I did something and also to see how much I've improved since my first project. With a digital camera it makes taking 1000s of pictures easy.

Comment

When I started quilting 35 years ago, I took a picture of everything I quilted and kept a notebook listing finished projects. Then as my boys grew older, I wasn't quite as dilligent. As they got into middle school, I began making alot of charity quilts with my quilt guild in NC and didn't always take photos. In retrospect, I wish I had documented everything! It would be fun to see exactly how many quilt projects I have made. Hundreds, I know for sure. ( Love looking back at some of those early pics with my little boys holding wallhangings, table runners! Life was good and simple!)

Comment

I take photos of everything I make and make it a rule to not take a photo until it's completely finished unless I send it out for quilting which I've only done once. I won't get that one back until June! I put them on a disc and take it to the local drug store for printing out and then they end up in a photograph album. I just note what it is called and then who it is for. I don't document the types of fabrics, etc even though they say you should.

I love that line up for grabs! Anything wintery is a perfect giveaway!

Hugs,
        quilting trish
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I take pictures usually of the project before it goes to the quilter and then when I get it back from the quilter and I have the binding on it. I usually take a front and back and then I take a picture of the recepient with the finished quilt. Then I put it in the notebook with the how to pictures from quilt club or whatever and the directions.

Lynne Leavell

Comment

I don't take pictures but am rethinking this oversight on my part. I really like quiltingtrish's idea! Hope I win!
            See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

I haven't, but after reading this I will start taking pictures of them..

Comment

I am not sure if I am in a yes or no category LOL. I have made one Quilt so far and yes I took the pic of it, so a yes I guess lol.

I am starting a new quilt and I will be giving it away so I am sure I will be taking pics of it.

Maggie

Comment

Yeap, I take pictures of each quilt I make! I've been making one for each of our kids, their spouses and grandkids, for their birthdays this year. This is the most recent, my 26th year olds birthday quilt. It's the 'Gentleman's Fancy' block.

Comment

I don't take pictures, though I know I should....I need to take more pics....I hope I win the charm pack.

Comment

I didn't take photos of my quilts before I had my blog. Now I do. You can check them out at www.joscountryjunction.com.

Comment

I've just finished my first quilt, a baby gift for my daughter's friend. I've taken quite a few pictures to see the progress and for my blog! I'm pretty sure I'll do the same for my next quilting projects.
                        http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Last night after my daughter came home from Trick or Treating, I put her to bed and finally finished my Figgy Pudding Wall hanging/table runner! It was 2am when I finished and I was so excited that I almost came online to share the news, but the hubby thought I was nuts and told me I should probably go to bed - I do have to get up early for church. I was determined to get it done before November 1st because I start decorating for Christmas on November 1st. That may sound early for some of you would have just started thinking about Thanksgiving, but here in Canada we celebrate in October so Christmas is the next big thing. I'll take a picture and post it soon!

Comment

Just a beginner here so I don't have tons of pictures. I do take them and maybe some day I will have something worth making into an album.

Comment

So far, I have only made charity blocks and have photographed each of those. My first quilt top is finished so will take a photo when totally complete. It is fun to look back over what you have made and the inspiration you had when choosing your pattern/fabrics.

Comment

Working...
                              X