This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 24 Fall is really here...

Thanks to all who played along this week. Random.org has once again picked us a winner. This weeks winner is Susanpiluk. Congratulations! Email me your information and I will send out that cute little Schnibbles pattern asap.

Up for grabs this week is a crazy eight turnover. It is such a darling line. You are gonna love it.

The question this week is: Tell me what your favorite thing about fall. Do you have a tradition or traditions you do...like do you take all the kids to the pumpkin patch or do you have other 'things' that you do that makes fall-fall!?

Me...I love to have a carmel apple cider from Starbucks! One sip, and I am convinced that Fall is here!

What about you!??!?! Spill it...

Re: Week 24 Fall is really here...

when we get the cooler temperatures (after really HOT summers, the cool temps are really welcome!), getting the woodpile ready, and THANKSGIVING - the best holiday ever! I LOVE fall - as much as I love spring, I think Fall is my favorite season.

Comment

Great question! We rake the leaves - we have tons of them, set pumpkins out, have the yummiest Thanksgiving with extended family and get ready to shop for the holidays.
      Can't wait to hear what everyone else does to celebrate Fall!

Hugs,
      Quilting Trish
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hi! I am a newbie here! My favorite fall thing is our community cider squeeze. Everyone brings a potluck dish , apples to share(if you have them) and an empty milk jug etc for your fresh squeezed cider. It's a fun afternoon get together, a chance to visit with folks you haven't seen for awhile and enjoy the crisp fall day in the beautiful Methow Valley of Washington State.

Comment

All I can say is PUMPKINS AND CATTAILS!!!!! I love fall! It has always been my favorite season even as a child. I love the brisk air, and wood smoke wafting on the breeze. It's so cozy by the wood stove and the heat it gives off is just right.....in the winter it isn't warm enough! I could live in fall the entire year long!

Comment

Love the colors on the trees - reds, yellows, orange. Beautiful. And welcome the cool temps! Love Fall!

Comment

We have started a new tradition this year. We now go to a scarecrow festival that has TONS of things for the kids to do--bounce houses, face painting, roasted almonds(yum) and kettle corn. Pumpkins everywhere and places set up to take family pictures. What a great way to have fun in the Fall.

Comment

All I can think about when I think fall is I'm going to get to see my only daughter soon!! She lives 1800 miles away and every year for the last five years we make the road trip to see her for Thanksgiving! I can't wait to head on out!

Comment

The best thing is definitely the weather. We have such miserably hot, humid summers in southern Texas that seem to drag on forever. As soon as the first cold front hits I'm happier than I've been in months.

Comment

The best thing about fall is watching all the leaves change colors and the beautiful mums.

Comment

Hi, i agree the leaves changing colors is so pretty, one of my favorite things. Also this time of year alot of my family gets to visit seeing them makes fall even better for me.

Comment

In the fall of the year before my mother passed we all gathered at her house and made German Lep cookies. They were full of molasses,raisins, and nuts. We all took home coffee cans full to put in the freezer. They were wonderful cookies to have with tea through the winter.

Comment

For me it's the mums! And the prospect of not having to mow the lawn for a few months doesn't hurt my feeling either.
                          http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

One of my favorite things about Fall is the Fall/Harvest shaded fabrics!! I just have to put the binding on my 'Scattered Leaves' quilt, but I still have it out on the couch as I love the colors/fabrics in it!!! I'll probably finish binding it tonight, and then it'll be extra beautiful in my living room!!

Comment

The fall is my absolute favorite time of year. Here in Southern Ontario the air has a wonderful fresh clean smell in the fall after hot humid summers. It is my favorite time of year to bake, especially Apple Pie. Going for a brisk walk followed by hot apple cider is one of my favorite things to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X