This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway Week 12 - March 26th - April 1st 2011

Congratulations to rebeccas-sewing! Random.org chose you to win the 500 Quilters Cash Points from last weeks giveaway! Looks like she has wonky in the works!

I've been super busy working on the spoonflower project selvage stuff that has been going on this last week and I'd love to hear if any of you have ever heard of, used, or even looked around on spoonflower. And if I get in on the contest I'm totally asking everyone to go vote for my fabric!

So, Let me know your spoonflower opinion and you might win 500 Quilters Cash Points! Free shopping, Yay!
    Last edited by stitchywoman; March 26, 2011, 09:34 AM.
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Re: Giveaway Week 12 - March 26th - April 1st 2011

I just heard about spoonflower last week and checked out their site. I really like the idea that a blogger posted(sorry..can't remember who) about using the site to make custom made labels for you quilts. You can also purchase fabric that others have designed. For sure I'll vote for your fabric!
    Patti

Comment

Congrats Rebecca..

I have never heard of spoonflower but I will head over there and take a look around.

Comment

I have never heard of spoonflower either. But what a great idea. Boy can someone sure make a special project right down to personally designed fabric. Awesome!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I just checked out spoonflower.... I found this one called 2011-1938 calendar. It says that 1938 and 2011 have the same calendar !!!! Interesting ! It's a 1930's double wedding ring quilt calendar ! http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/377911
          I loved the fabric designs I found on the site... you can design your own fabric ???? How cool is that ?

Kelley

Comment

I had never heard of spoonflower until you mentioned it. Checked the site out. Very interesting. It would be fun the create my own fabric. Not sure I have the talent. Good Luck to you in the contest and I'll be Sure to vote.

Comment

Wow! That is a neat site and a great idea! I can't wait to see what your fabric design is.....and of course I will vote for you! Over and over and over along with the rest of the MSQ community!!!!

Comment

Great idea -- probably not something I would ever use, but for you creative types, go to it!!
                Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

Spoonflower? Anything like Moonflowers? No familiarity at all . . . BUT, if one of our MSQC girls is up for a prize - wahoo! I'll be there to click!!
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I adore Spoonflower. I can spend hours looking at all the fabrics that have been created there. I love the idea that anyone can design something, upload it there and have their very own fabric printed AND that others can buy their fabric too. Such a great idea. I do have to say however, that my checkbook does not like the prices but I understand why they would be so high too. Actually when you think about it, the prices are actually pretty good. It's just that I can't afford to buy much which is sad because there are so many awesome ideas for fabrics on the site.

Comment

I have never heard of Spoon Flower, but will check it out. Sounds like fun designing your own fabric!
                      Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congratulations Rebecca! Have fun shopping with your free points!
                        Never heard of Spoonflower so checked it out. That's cool you can design your own fabric, but probably never will. I will vote for yours - Good Luck!
                        Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I have never heard of Spoonflower. I checked it out and am intrigued. I have always thought I would like to design a line of fabric. Here is my chance. I'm afraid I may find out that my dream is beyond my abilities.

Comment

I can't believe! I actually won! I never win anything. Congratulations to me! Tee hee.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Wow, I've never heard of Spoonflower before, but followed the your link and think it's a very cool option. Good luck on getting in the contest!
                              Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                              Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Working...
                              X